• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do pets have hidden skills?

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As I`m sittin here training my latest Triton,this one is a poisoner. Poisoning is the last skill aside from healing, which has been at 79.1 for days.....just haven`t worked that one yet. Everything else is capped except poison and healing. So when I get the overhead text, "your pets experience has slightly increased".... I use lore on said pet and nothing has changed. I figured it may move in increments? But skill gain already does, in .1 increments. So if a pet is getting xp gain text and no skill has increased.......What exactly did it gain in?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't know about that but if I'm not mistaken barding difficulty could go up with like 0.1 (this was before pet training) without any skill or stat raising

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hmmm haven`t really payed attention to that but I will keep an eye on it and see if that changes. I know I trained for about 10 minutes after I posted this question. Saw the text roughly 10-15 times and I got a .1 in poison and nothing in healing. Thats alota xp gain text flashin for a .1 skill gain.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its from your pet leveling, until youve used all points or discarded the last one(s) then your pet still get gains toward the 100%, and you still get gains even if they dont works/ shows after 100%

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmm haven`t really payed attention to that but I will keep an eye on it and see if that changes. I know I trained for about 10 minutes after I posted this question. Saw the text roughly 10-15 times and I got a .1 in poison and nothing in healing. Thats alota xp gain text flashin for a .1 skill gain.
It is a nuisance, a simple thing like this can be very annoying after a while with constant spam over your pet. Another way around this is to add your pet to your 'ignore' list which will suppress all those overhead pet messages. Many of my pets are on ignore while waiting for specific PS, normally 120 wrestle. :rolleyes2: