• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do people really buy imbued items?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like if there was a Kryss -21 Mage no neg 15 DCI 50 Fireball...

Would pvpers buy it?

If so, how much would you pay, cause I can make one.

Is there a market for imbued items period?

S

SUPRsalad

yeah, but you gotta take into consideration, people can make them too. . everyone knows an imbuer these days dude, but its still in great demand.. .I've seen jewel sets with ring and brace that have 13/13 dci/hci 25 ep dmg increase in an identical set.

The mage weap thing is in great demand, but honestly, i wouldn't pay too too much for something like that, being that I know I can get down there and get the resources myself. maybe, 10mil for something like that??
I might pay that just to have a spare :thumbsup:

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, but you gotta take into consideration, people can make them too. . everyone knows an imbuer these days dude, but its still in great demand.. .I've seen jewel sets with ring and brace that have 13/13 dci/hci 25 ep dmg increase in an identical set.

The mage weap thing is in great demand, but honestly, i wouldn't pay too too much for something like that, being that I know I can get down there and get the resources myself. maybe, 10mil for something like that??
Wow, 10 mil is more then I thought... Good to know.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Wow, 10 mil is more then I thought... Good to know.

i have spent over 60m on ****

U

UltimateNoob

People may be reluctant to spend a fortune since you can't add durability to imbued items.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People may be reluctant to spend a fortune since you can't add durability to imbued items.
Only because People are not using POF on the item before imbuing it. When I see an imbued item on a vendor if its not @ 255 durability, no matter how sick it looks i wont give it another thought.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like if there was a Kryss -21 Mage no neg 15 DCI 50 Fireball...

Would pvpers buy it?

If so, how much would you pay, cause I can make one.

Is there a market for imbued items period?
So you're saying you can make

-21 Mage Weapon
Spell Channeling
15 DCI
50 Fireball??

Take a screenshot and show me. I've been asking quite a few people about how much weapons can hold for different weights and from what you said it seems impossible that would fit. I'm not saying it won't but I don't think it would.

S

SUPRsalad

i don't thikn you can get 50 ball. .

If you start on a NORMAL iron blade, of exceptional quality, the best you can do is the 15 dci, with maybe a little room for some SSI, but you can't get around the inherent 40% dmg increase taking up that weight...

In short, its not possible.

However! if one was to take a magic wand with lightening? ? .. . . Trade secrets.. I have been muted.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you start on a NORMAL iron blade, of exceptional quality, the best you can do is the 15 dci, with maybe a little room for some SSI, but you can't get around the inherent 40% dmg increase taking up that weight...

However! if one was to take a magic wand with lightening? ? .. . . Trade secrets.. I have been muted.
O000o0oo0oo0o0
I thought about getting a wand but eh... Can you dye them?!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I have been doing is finding weaps that have 4 or less props
like I have many looted sc-1 mage weap -20 weapons, some are at 4 props some only just the 2.

Just a simple
SC -1
Mage weap -20

add FC+1 =3 props.
add dci 13= 4 props
add Fireball 45 = 5 props

Being that the sc, FC, Mage weap are at 100% I leave the other 2 at 80%-90%.

And if the weap has a useless mod at a high % I will then lower the % say HPA 50% down to 1-2% so I can fit other mods on a bit easier.

N

NewYork

You guys are forgetting item "weight" when it comes to imbueing.

Its not just about the number of mods, each item has a maximum weight of 500.

It would be impossible to make a weapon with
SC no neg
50 fireball
15 dci

(would be too much weight on the item)

Long story short, you have to pick either hit spell or dci on a -20 mage weap.

:( sorry to burst your bubbles!!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

SC no neg
50 fireball
15 dci

That may be true if your doing 5 props at 100% but you dont need the last 2 at 100% they are just fine at 80-90% and that is doable.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can put 50 Fireball on it... BUT my char is not able to add SC yet.

S

SUPRsalad

SC no neg
50 fireball
15 dci

Im pretty sure thats what I had just said..
Let let tesla figure it out tho..

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been Imbuing for the last 7 months I have it pretty figured out. Your not going to make a 5x 100% weapon unless you get lucky with a runic. Best your going to do is 3x 100%, 2 @ 80-90% on the props. with imbuing.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been Imbuing for the last 7 months I have it pretty figured out. Your not going to make a 5x 100% weapon unless you get lucky with a runic. Best your going to do is 3x 100%, 2 @ 80-90% on the props. with imbuing.
Thanks man..

Hey also, your sig... Is false, if I threw my problems in a pile and I saw someone elses problem was "I have too much money"... I am pretty sure I would leave mine in that pile and thake care of his for him.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another tip, POF the hell out of the item before imbuing it. I am seeing way too many good imbued items that only have 60-80 durability its a waste really.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks man..

Hey also, your sig... Is false, if I threw my problems in a pile and I saw someone elses problem was "I have too much money"... I am pretty sure I would leave mine in that pile and thake care of his for him.
I dont know about that, If someones problem was too much money there is probably something attached to it that we wouldn't want a part of.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another tip, POF the hell out of the item before imbuing it. I am seeing way too many good imbued items that only have 60-80 durability its a waste really.
Yeah, I have seen that too, it's a shame... But I didn't know you could repair the items... Just can't powder it.. Ok that makes sense why someone would buy them now.

S

SUPRsalad

well yeah;, thats what you need to keep in mind..

another thing people need to keep in mind is the price of the ingredients doesn't really mean **** about the price of the weapon. . .

I went down to rats last night just out of boredom, and got 6 abyssal cloth. . .
I stopped in at the slimes/ellies, got 12 essence of singularity.. Plus, everyone knows someone that will imbue for them. .

In summary, its really not THAT hard to make these 'ubber' items, but a fair price will easily disuade any of us from going through the trouble themselves..
I would price accordingly.

Like i said,

SC, no neg, mw -20, dci 15 weaps should bring in around 10-15 mil.
If you're sitting on a bunch of minor arties like pixie swatters and alchemy baubles and crap that can be broken down into relic frags, you're sitting on a gold mine, and need to get your ass to work! :thumbsup:
(cus those are way harder to get now than any of the stupid ingredients)