• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do mibs reset like TMaps?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hello all! I was wondering, since the TMaps reset to un-decoded after a (relatively short) while, do the MIB locations do the same? It would be nasty to figure out all locations and then not get to them all before they reset. (Have twice marked runes for TMaps which reset before actually getting to dig them up. Does anyone know how much time we have after decoding?)
Have a nice week all!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Never seen that happen. When I gather MIB's I separate the sos's by quadrant (NE, NW, SE, SW) into bags and do my best to arrange them from from lowest number to highest basically setting whichever pattern is quicker. Never noticed them changing.

sos440

Adventurer
Me neither. Although T-maps reset after 30 days of decoding, I had no trouble pulling up SOSes whose location I recorded months ago.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there even need for reset? I think you can get to every places on SOS:s.. while as T-Maps can have have unreachable locations.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's only 1 major, maybe 1-2 minor, areas where SOS resets might be an issue, and there are work-arounds for all of them.

1. SOS that are under the SA volcano in Trammel.
    Solution: Grab a rowboat deed (or a small boat, if you're one of the rare fishers without High Seas), find a recall rune to Fel Fire Island (Spirituality Shrine works well), and take the rowboat to the spot.
  2. SOS in the areas that have other terrain issues (the Haven/Ocllo areas that aren't the same, SOS under the Floating Emporium, etc.)
    Solution: For the Haven/Ocllo issue (which might not even exist), go to the other shard. For other terrain (under new docks, the Floating Emporium, etc.), try fishing from the docks, or just offshore. Use a rowboat if you have to.
  3. (very rare) Can't reach an SOS near a server line.
    Solution: UO is coded so that a ship can't straddle a server line (as the ship server is based on house server coding). The bigger your boat, the farther you are when you get teleported over the line as you near it - both on the approach side AND the other side. HOWEVER, that also depends on the ship's orientation. You can get closer to the line with the centerline of the ship parallel to the server line, than with the now or stern pointing at the server line. In most cases, this is enough lee-way (literally), to turn your ship in order to get in closer in single move steps.
    In rare cases (especially if using a Britannian ship or even a Garg ship), you might have to just toss down a rowboat off your ship, and use it to get in closer to the line. I've had to do this ONCE since High Seas came out.

So, there's really no pressing need for SOS to reset.