• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

do mace weaps still damage armor?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've never made a pvp mace fighter. but according to uo guide mace fighting has something interesting i never knew. but i would like to fact check it... does mace fighting actually damage armor in PVP as stated in UO guide: In PvP combat, mace weapons are valued because they always damage an opponent's armor when a hit is scored. Such weapons also do a small amount of additional damage to a target's Stamina when hit. and does this also apply on the Seige and Mugen shards?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As pointed out, only stamina is affected now. But back in the early days maces did destroy armor.

I trained macing (1998) with a friend on Pac who had a lot of armor he wanted to get rid of ... so I beat the heck out of him in his house. As my skill got better, the armor got mangled faster. I don't recall when they took this part away, tho.

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As pointed out, only stamina is affected now. But back in the early days maces did destroy armor.

I trained macing (1998) with a friend on Pac who had a lot of armor he wanted to get rid of ... so I beat the heck out of him in his house. As my skill got better, the armor got mangled faster. I don't recall when they took this part away, tho.
I remember fighting a macer at a pvp tournament , and the fight lasted long enough that he broke half of my armor before I died.