• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Do I really need 120 Bushido on ABC Archer?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been looking to build a PVM archer after many years of not playing one. I was looking through the benefits of different levels of Bushido and am not seeing a practical reason to go above 100 on an archer. Has anyone done any testing?

I want to put some more points in Chivalry and take them from Bushido to do it. Here is what I am thinking.

115 Archery (+5 from quiver)
120 Tactics
100 Bushido
120 Anatomy
90 Healing (+10 from enhanced bandages)
80 Ninja (for llama form or was thinking 80 poisoning for auto cure)
95 Chivalry (I was looking at the chiv spells and there seems to be a very good amount of benefits associated with higher chivalry now)

Any thoughts are appreciated.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would maybe take ninja up to 90 for 100% chance to get into the tiger form from the mastery. I found llama would fizzle quite a bit even at 100.

Also by doing this you will have 300 skill points for the LMC bonus for special moves.

Archery 115 + 90 ninja + 100 Bushido will be over the 300 points needed.

I run 85 chiv and seems to be fine. If no resist spells aim for 84 physical resist and run in protection as well.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only problem I see with this build is that none of the skills that allow for a mastery is 120, but archery mastery is pretty poor and the bushido, ninja and chiv active masteries are very situational while still providing a nice 15 mana passive bonus.
So go with bush or chiv mastery for this build.

120 real bushido would allow for a more powerful confidence that would give you 100 HPR for a few seconds and a higher chance of it sticking even if you get hit during the active time of the HPR.

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Is there a reason you are willing to spend 80 skill points for llama form over just using an ethy mount or swampie? Having poisoning at 90 instead of ninja still gets you the reduction in mana costs, but is a bit more useful in my opinion.
Im pretty sure 80 chiv is the magic number for 100% consecrate weapon, 84 for EoO 50%, but 115 archery, 100 bushi 90 poison works just fine for an ABC

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If no resist spells aim for 84 physical resist and run in protection as well.
Great suggestion, I've not run a template without resist spells in a while, my Sampire has 120 resist, what chiv spells tend to fizzle?

Is there a reason you are willing to spend 80 skill points for llama form over just using an ethy mount or swampie?
Will be running on a paroxy but ninja is for getting away when dismounted.

120 real bushido would allow for a more powerful confidence that would give you 100 HPR for a few seconds and a higher chance of it sticking even if you get hit during the active time of the HPR.
The less powerful confidence was the only thing I could find also. Wasn't sure in practice what people found. The formula is:

Bushido^2/576 + 15 so the differences were 40 hp healed @ 120 vs ~32 @ 100 so an 8 HP difference per confidence.

Also, thank you everyone for the input. My first ever UO character was an Archer but I haven't really played one in a long while so I am a bit over excited. I certainly do NOT know what is best I am just sharing my thought processes and getting input!

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The less powerful confidence was the only thing I could find also. Wasn't sure in practice what people found. The formula is:

Bushido^2/576 + 15 so the differences were 40 hp healed @ 120 vs ~32 @ 100 so an 8 HP difference per confidence.

Also, thank you everyone for the input. My first ever UO character was an Archer but I haven't really played one in a long while so I am a bit over excited. I certainly do NOT know what is best I am just sharing my thought processes and getting input!
With a level 3 Bushido mastery, confidence will heal 100 HP in 4 seconds, so it might be worth it. But I think that even with 100 bushido, it will heal 80 HP rather than the 32 from base bushido so still worth it and you get a chance to keep the regen going even with being hit while it is active.
And the 15 mana. So yeah, level 3 bushido mastery is the mastery for you to go with in this build.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a level 3 Bushido mastery, confidence will heal 100 HP in 4 seconds, so it might be worth it. But I think that even with 100 bushido, it will heal 80 HP rather than the 32 from base bushido so still worth it and you get a chance to keep the regen going even with being hit while it is active.
And the 15 mana. So yeah, level 3 bushido mastery is the mastery for you to go with in this build.
You bring up excellent points I never bothered to look at the mastery bonuses. I am going to re-read them. If the mastery helps confidence that much it may be worth it. The other option is playing with Anat or Tactics and keeping Bushido up.

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
I didnt see a mention of the quantity of health healed within the mastery descriptions, is this true? I see that confidence gives 100 HPR, but it doesnt last 10 seconds.... the active part only lasts like 4.... but does the mastery increase the HPR to 250!?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if the mastery ability "Warcry" works with Archery?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would maybe take ninja up to 90 for 100% chance to get into the tiger form from the mastery. I found llama would fizzle quite a bit even at 100.
Was going to test this but my character with ninjitsu above 90 (thief) doesn't have a ninja mastery. Does the white tiger form get the same movement speed increase as the llama, osty and wolf?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was going to test this but my character with ninjitsu above 90 (thief) doesn't have a ninja mastery. Does the white tiger form get the same movement speed increase as the llama, osty and wolf?
Same movement speed as llama and some other extras but I forget which exactly. DCI or something from memory. The selling point for me was the 100% cast chance at 90 skill. Go to test center and try compared to llama at 90. I used to use llama but switched to white tiger when the mastery came out.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same movement speed as llama and some other extras but I forget which exactly. DCI or something from memory. The selling point for me was the 100% cast chance at 90 skill. Go to test center and try compared to llama at 90. I used to use llama but switched to white tiger when the mastery came out.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the info.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks mate, I appreciate the info.
No probs my man.

Here is what the wiki says:

White Tiger Form
the ninja transforms into a white tiger, providing the ninja with a buff to defense chance increase, a chance to evade attacks based on mastery level, and an applied bleed attack on targets based on ninjitsu skill and best weapon skill.

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Hey just food for thought, on my ABC thrower (would that be a TBC?) i took chiv and bushi to 120 and i dropped healing. close wounds, cleanse by fire and confidence together do a fine job, and you can still noble sacrifice to save an ally.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey just food for thought, on my ABC thrower (would that be a TBC?) i took chiv and bushi to 120 and i dropped healing. close wounds, cleanse by fire and confidence together do a fine job, and you can still noble sacrifice to save an ally.
Do you have FC/FCR on your suit?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd def go 120 bush and run that mastery if you plan on pvp'n. If you get dismounted, hit evade, won't be disarmable until you are able to get into form, for the most part. 80 ninja is what I run on my dmounter. Get some FC on the char, the fizzles aren't that big of a deal. I rarely have a prob getting into form and running quickly.