• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Do I need music to make GM instruments?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, btw, it doesn't need to be real skill. You can equip a pair of +15 music jewels, a songwoven sleeve (+10 music), and a singing axe (+5 music) to get the 45 music required.

The +5 music/+5 provo totem from the library collection works too, as will a travesty's mark mask with +10 music. But are a bit pricey to get.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I wouldn't go for the talisman. Wearing a carpentry talisman seems to be more valuable to me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, but if you're making instruments, it's extremely unlikely that you'll make non-exceptional instruments at GM, unless you are intententionally making a hard type.

Drums and tambourines are 89.4% exceptional, without a talisman, at GM carpentry.

And, remember that humans (and gargoyles) won't be able to wear the Songwoven Mantle sleeves.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I have to make instruments for my shop I stone off a Gm skill (like mining) then I buy up music to 30 from an NPC bard and put on a couple pieces of +music jewelry. Take off the jewelry and turn the skill down when I'm done. Easy peasy.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am not stocking my vendors, I make tambourines exclusively. The tassled types specifically. Small, light and 100% exceptional chance (or close to 100%, can't remember offhand).