• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Musicianship] Do Flutes Of Renewal recharge faster with the Musicianship skill?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hello!

I got a flute of renewal in my sampire's backpack - and it's renewing extremely slowly. I have already abandoned musicianship with the almighty powers of soulstones. Do Flutes recharge faster for characters with musicianship? I think my usual bard, who runs around with all kinds of renewable flutes, does not experience this.

As a side note, I think bards are at a disadvantage as far as slayer instruments are concerned. My instruments break way faster than any melee or ranged weapons and weapons can often be more easily replaced. Slayer talismans won't work (and never break afaik), slayer spellbooks don't break either. At least it would be nice if they could be crafted with imbuing, using the same resources as weaponry demands, so if I need an air elemental slayer I know how to get one.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have seen it looks like the flutes recharge at a set rate over time, never seen it be any faster recharging on a musician than using another char

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the flutes renew one charge every 15 minutes as long as its in your pack and your logged into the game.

it has nothing to do with music skill or the phase of the moon or what color underwear you happen to be wearing.

that said, ive always found that going combat helps when i play my bard. helps me get into the whole role playing aspect of it.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you UO Relic and Poo. So in the end the scientific examination says: time flies bye faster with bards than it does with sampires.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
By the way, Poo, you seem to be a bard most of the time and you seem to enjoy it a lot. Do you use flutes of renewal? I never seem to get enough slayer instruments.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have a pure bard and a disco tamer on every shard.
my set up for them is the same.
each carries a full set of Flutes of Renewal on them, each colored so i can at a glance know what flute i need (ya, i know, its OCD, but when you have as many bards and disco tamers as i do ya need to makes things simple!)
but i carry them for when im doing high end work like peerlesses and champs.
i dont use them 99% of the time.
i use GM crafted instruments pretty much all the time.
like ya said, i just cant keep slayers in stock.
so i just run with GM ones and if i get in a jam then i switch to the flutes of renewal, then immediately back to the GM ones.
that way my flutes are always topped up for when i need them.

that said, if i do get a slayer off a MOB then i carry it and use it when i can.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see, I see. Many thanks, Poo. I colored my flutes, too, but to be honest I was not smart enough to use the same colors for the same slayer types across my characters... :coco:

Hm only for Peerlesses. I see. There are many other monsters which require very high bardic skills, e.g. Greater Dragons. At least Dragon Slayer Instruments are quite common compared to Repond, Elemental or the ever elusive Poo-Slayer type (just kidding, I would never discord you, I promise). Thank you very much for your ideas.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I see, I see. Many thanks, Poo. I colored my flutes, too, but to be honest I was not smart enough to use the same colors for the same slayer types across my characters... :coco:

Hm only for Peerlesses. I see. There are many other monsters which require very high bardic skills, e.g. Greater Dragons. At least Dragon Slayer Instruments are quite common compared to Repond, Elemental or the ever elusive Poo-Slayer type (just kidding, I would never discord you, I promise). Thank you very much for your ideas.
wanna hear something crazy, i even color my slayer weapons the same color as my flutes of renewal, haha, oh man, i shouldnt say that stuff out loud, its makes me sounds crazy!

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They replenish over night in a secured chests of my house, even while account is logged of. (Reminds me somehow of this flower pots growing stuff, of which i dont have a clue)

Z

Zero Day

So I have a question, thats pretty basic, but since I PvP primarily on my bard rather than PvM with him i've just never gotten around to finding out.
How do you switch between instruments. I always take em out of my backpack so that it makes me look for them, then I select the one I want after putting it back in.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you just double click the instrument you want to be using.
once you double click it that 'activates' it and you will use that one until either it is destroyed or you double click another instrument (or like you do, just remove it from your pack)

which is good, but bad if you arnt paying attention and you forget to change off one of your flutes of renewal.

then your out shopping for a replacement, haha!

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not OCD its just being smart!
dyeing my slayers saves me lots of time digging threw packs and chests!!