• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Do Different Plants Need Different Potions?

F

Fink

Can someone point me to any information on potion consumption by plant variety, if it exists?

It seems some types are thirstier for poison and cures, while others seem to thrive almost solely on water. At least these are my casual observations and I've heard others remark on it too. I've never really explored this as I've always just grown whatever look I was after anyway. Now that I'm just growing for colour, it seems like I could save a few kegs by planting the right seeds.

Unless it's myth.

J

Just Emma

I haven't actually kept close track, but it seems that plain plants tend to be a bit less demanding where potions are concerned. Cactus, too, regardless of color. It could be random, though. I'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference anyway, so I'd say that a gardener should just grow whatever they want.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I truly believe there are certain plants that are hardier (or is it heartier?) varieties using less potions and even less water to tend to.
I think cacti are one.
I even remembering seeing a post suggesting to use cacti if you are just growing to chop up for petals for pigment.
But of course for the life of me I can't find this post.
And I am not sure how scientific it is.

If someone has the initiative, perhaps they can grow batches of 20 of each plant and count the potion use for the lifecycle.