• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Bonded pets have any stat loss if they die?

• Thread starter love2winalot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

love2winalot

Hail. I ask because my GD got killed in Cove yesterday. I Lore him, and the only thing that happened was his Med went from 100, to 99.9

Is that it? Is that the stat loss? I mean, if it is that way, who cares if a bonded pet gets killed or not? "Kill.......it dies, i res, Kill.....it dies, i res Kill, and now it finially killes the target. I have not used my Tamer for a long time, but is this really how it is now, or is there more of a stat loss? thanks.:popcorn:

L

LadyArden

Um, I think that's it. It has to be retrained up a bit....

Personally *sorry pets* I'm happy if my pet dying means I stay alive. I know some people who would rather save their pets....

C

controlfive

bonded pets lose .1 in every skill when they die. not a big deal, but it adds up if you let your pet die over and over to kill a tough creature like you mentioned.

O

onthefifty

i had just finished gm'ng my cu, which was first one i ever took to all 100's.

a guildmate of mine said. ''hehe, now you'll be po'd everytime it dies''

he was right :sad2:

L

Lord Kynd

your confusing stat ( strength,dex, mana) to skill(wrestling, etc) loss :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Hail. I ask because my GD got killed in Cove yesterday. I Lore him, and the only thing that happened was his Med went from 100, to 99.9

Is that it? Is that the stat loss? I mean, if it is that way, who cares if a bonded pet gets killed or not? "Kill.......it dies, i res, Kill.....it dies, i res Kill, and now it finially killes the target. I have not used my Tamer for a long time, but is this really how it is now, or is there more of a stat loss? thanks.:popcorn:
and it take hours to get back any stats lost, so I try to avoid getting pets killed.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's really fun is if you're in a nasty fight, pet is redlined, pet dies just as you slap on a bandage, pet rezzes and then dies again. Now everything's down .2 instead of just .1.

With pets now listening to commands better, I think this should happen less often. I'm also not sure I'd change anything about the process of rezzing your own pet (e.g., get the pet rez gump). But you kinda kick yourself when this happens and wonder why you didn't back off sooner. Oh well.

And it is true that with some pets, once you get all their skills GMd you almost hate to use them. I'm thinking in particular of cu sidhe and how long it takes to finish off their healing skill once their anatomy skill has raised significantly. But there are other skills on other types of pets that always seem to raise slowly. The higher the skill gets, the more training it seems to take to get them to raise.

Meditation always seems to raise quickly, so don't be too quick to think that training pets to raise their skills up after death is always going to be as quick and easy to do as taking meditation from 99.9 back to 100.

Have fun playing with your tamer again and enjoy training up that new greater dragon! Just out of curiosity, what did you name it? I've been having a hard time thinking of good names for them. :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Have fun playing with your tamer again and enjoy training up that new greater dragon! Just out of curiosity, what did you name it? I've been having a hard time thinking of good names for them. :)
My t hunter Greater is called Warmachine. I'm an old iron man fan from long ago.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With bonded pets recalling away with you you could simply mark a safe spot not to far away and recall with your pet to that spot to heal it up again if it gets in danger.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skill loss upon the death of a bonded pat used to be a full 1.0 in each skill. It was changed to a 0.1 loss quite some time ago. I don’t remember the exact date off the top of my head though.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just HATE when my pets die, and even if it doesn't take too long to retrain them...:grouphug:

I

Izzy

True or false?

When you rez your own pet they lose .1, when someone else rezzes, they lose more. Just what I heard...any thoughts?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets use to lose more skill points if someone other than the owner rezed them, but they took that out when they changed from 1 to .1 for owner rezs. Now it is just .1 per skill per death no matter who rezs them.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic