• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Do boats ever fade to original color?

D

DVDA

With the fading system does the paint ever come completely off and return to color it was before the ship was bought?

I bought a ship thats purple and i keep using boat remover but i CANNOT get it off. Dont want to waste anymore money so curious if it will all come off.

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It takes 1 week per coat to fade - so most colors that are 3 coats turn back to a dark brown with the pre-existing highlights in 3 weeks.

If you go use 1 coat of some other color to replace the purple, you'd only have to wait one week.

D

DVDA

how many paint removers will it take if someone "went to town" with paint and it has a lot of coats?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how many paint removers will it take if someone "went to town" with paint and it has a lot of coats?
You can only add 3 or 5 coats depending on the colour, Each coat darkens the colour, you can't for example put 50 coats on just so it won't wear out for 50 weeks.

I stopped painting mine after it faded, I don't visit the Emporium much and to go just for paint is rather is a bit odd. :p

D

DVDA

You can only add 3 or 5 coats depending on the colour, Each coat darkens the colour, you can't for example put 50 coats on just so it won't wear out for 50 weeks.
I stopped painting mine after it faded, I don't visit the Emporium much and to go just for paint is rather is a bit odd. :p
So that means max I will have to wait 5 weeks before the ugly purple will come off?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can just add a different color

It will change base color to the new base to added if oyu hate the purple so much oyu can add one yellow, re, or black

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the new 2 tone paints wear out in a week? Thats a bummer if they do, they cost $.

Edit- Nevermind I read they are permanent..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each tub of paint will cover the boat once, subsequent tubs will deepen the color, up to a maximum of three. The grey paint being the exception. Five coats of this can be applied, giving an almost black boat. The boat painter also sells paint remover if you are unhappy with the results. Sea air is harsh and causes paint to fade (by one shade). You will need to re-apply every 2 weeks to maintain your ship's chosen color.
From here: Shipborne Travel and Adventure.
There's also a link on that page to the paint palette