• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do 4 slot Great and Frost Dragons exist?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Someone in game today had two dragons which were both trained and had 120 scrolls added to them with added stats also.

I wasn't aware this existed even after publish 97.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frost Dragons and Greaters can be found with 4 slots yes... though very rare they are out there.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Someone in game today had two dragons which were both trained and had 120 scrolls added to them with added stats also.

I wasn't aware this existed even after publish 97.
Greater dragons do exist as a 4 slot, they are the worst of the worst stat wise, 500 range hits after being tamed. Definately not common to find, but they are out there.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater dragons do exist as a 4 slot, they are the worst of the worst stat wise, 500 range hits after being tamed. Definately not common to find, but they are out there.
Then its better going with the crim/plat dragons and taking them to 5/5 instead.

Same with the lesser/greater hirues, ive heard lower hirues > greater hirues

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My dragon turtle hatchling was four-slot. Don't forget dragon turtle hatchlings, almost as good as a greater dragon but unable to fly.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My dragon turtle hatchling was four-slot. Don't forget dragon turtle hatchlings, almost as good as a greater dragon but unable to fly.
When my friends saw my 4-slot turtle trained up to 5, it blew their minds. It helped that a friend left me a bunch of 120 PS (including over a half-dozen "worthless" Wrestling ones) when he left the game a year before the changes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive never seen the allure of a 4 slot GD.
they are so nasty that there is no way the one jump is gonna be able to fix them to make them usable, no?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive never seen the allure of a 4 slot GD.
they are so nasty that there is no way the one jump is gonna be able to fix them to make them usable, no?
I come across 4 slot gds when im farming them. I could see where maybe if you got one with highskill stats it might be worth it. Not enough for me to bother to tame though :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious is there actually a market for these? I also don't believe they are as rare as believed. In an hour I've killed off two of them so far.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many people still find their 5-slot greaters worth using, over trained other creatures. Training 4/5 to 5/5 allows them to customize one.

Taking a 4-slot GD, maxing out the resists and mana regen, and then fixing the Dex/Stam/HP/Str from where it's a 4-slotter, makes an even scarier 5-slot GD.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious is there actually a market for these? I also don't believe they are as rare as believed. In an hour I've killed off two of them so far.
Believe it or not there is and they are decent although usually end up lower HP. On a rare occasion you find one with very high skills and very crap stats that is a borderline 5 slot. They are the only ones worth taming and training up to 5 slot IMO. Most that qualify as 4 slot though are total turds and no matter how much glitter you sprinkle on one, it is still a turd. But people will..... it seems pay a lot of gold for a sparkly turd.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i haven't used a GD/DTH since the Pet Revamp, and wasn't interested in a Frost Dragon, when there are other pets that fill that niche better (5 slot WW). Saurosaurus and Cu Sidhe out tank the GD/DTH, while Chiv Cus, Plat/Crim Dragons and Fire Beetles out DPS the GD/DTH. Not to mention a lot of the 4 slot GDs/DTH and Frost Dragons you're seeing for sale, are probably exploited, and we all know what happened last time to the exploited pets.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i haven't used a GD/DTH since the Pet Revamp, and wasn't interested in a Frost Dragon, when there are other pets that fill that niche better (5 slot WW). Saurosaurus and Cu Sidhe out tank the GD/DTH, while Chiv Cus, Plat/Crim Dragons and Fire Beetles out DPS the GD/DTH. Not to mention a lot of the 4 slot GDs/DTH and Frost Dragons you're seeing for sale, are probably exploited, and we all know what happened last time to the exploited pets.
Why do you say they are probably exploited?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you say they are probably exploited?
There's currently an exploit to lower a pet's slots so you can level it. The exploit also works in reverse, to seriously boost the stats of a pet beyond what is normally achievable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's currently an exploit to lower a pet's slots so you can level it. The exploit also works in reverse, to seriously boost the stats of a pet beyond what is normally achievable.
Prove it. PM me a screenshot of a pet with overcapped stats.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do you mean the slot drop exploit? That caused mayhem in uo taming when the devs "fixed" it, and people lost good "honest" pets due to the exploiting and the fixing...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you mean the slot drop exploit? That caused mayhem in uo taming when the devs "fixed" it, and people lost good "honest" pets due to the exploiting and the fixing...
There's another slot drop exploit that works right now. It can also be "reversed" to increase a pet's Health/Stamina/Mana beyond normal limitations.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me, but i never lost ANY of my exploited pets, i still have them and nothing changed on them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A guy got this 5 slot turtle. Sad

upload_2018-6-26_16-50-59.png

That one above must be about the best a 4 can be.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is my 4-slot turtle, trained to 5 slots (I made a few goofs, on resists and not putting any scrolls on, but otherwise my friends love him, though I haven't taken him out to train since I got my disco Cu & Giant Beetle done) Yertle.png