• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dixie Lonestar

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick note to let everyone know that M!S and Baja have lost a great friend. Corliss Andrews, aka Dixie Lonestar, passed this morning from a heart condition. We don't have a lot of details at the moment but will post them as soon as we have them.

Dixie was a wife, mother and grandmother, and a great and true friend to all that knew and loved her. She will be missed more than words can say, and our hearts go out to her husband, daughter, son-in-law and two beautiful grandchildren who loved her so very much.

We will be holding a memorial on Baja in memory of Dixie, we'll post the details as soon as they are set.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes prayers, love and condolences for her family and friends.
She was very giving and selfless person whom loved all and everyone loved her.
We love you Dixie, rest in peace.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The RL funeral will be 6/6/2013 Thursday. The Baja memorial is still pending.

For those interested in paying your respects to my mom. The viewing is Thursday from 3-5pm with a small service at Elgin Funeral Home at 4pm. A Life Celebration will follow at the family home at 6pm.

Last edited:

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell my friend you're leaving
It's time for you to go
Your friendship was a blessing
And I will miss you so
We Shared so many secrets
You brightened up my days
You brought me so much happiness
With your kind and loving ways
You lifted up my spirits
When I was feeling blue
No matter what was happening
You knew just what to do
And oh, we had such fun
Through all the ups and downs of life
The good times and the sad
God is here to take you home
Now you and I must part
I love you and forever
You will live within my heart.

Grey Eagle of Baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toni, so sorry to hear about dix.. She was a great friend to everyone. I know she had a wonderful family , always talking about her grandchildren . She will be missed .

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me and my wife have been away from uo since the birth of our son. three now. i have been catching up via stratics before our return. a player since 1997 ill never stop uo till its over.

I just read the passing to my wife and she cried. Herself and Dixie spent countless hours together taming and doing the grind.. just figured id share that. Even though we never met her r/l she had an impression.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hadn't posted on Stratics after Toni let me know about Dixie. Instead, I wrote a message to the family on the funeral website. After reading many of the posts about Dixie, I decided it was time to share a couple things since Dixie would want us remembering how much joy and laughter she brought to many of us.

Being a northern gal and Dixie a true southern gal (accent and all), I'd log into Vent and hear, "Well, hello there Mama. How are you doing tonight?" spoken with that adorable southern drawl. If my mood was icky, she knew how to cheer me. When our family went through a horrendous tragedy, Dixie and the rest of the gang in Vent were there to counsel me and keep me from getting bitter. Dixie was a faith-filled woman and I admired the way she "walked the talk". She knew how to make people smile, whether it was singing "Wild Thing" (complete with music background) or telling a bad joke (not dirty) that had us all laughing because of the silliness. Dixie was such a blessing and though I still shed some tears when thinking of her, I thank God for having known her. On that note, I want to share my favorite saying that I've come to cherish after losing people we love and care about. "When a loved one becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure". Dixie's memory will always be a treasure in my eyes. *deep curtsey with hand over heart*