• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Disk Cache

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the last patch i noticed we can move the disk cache slider up to 1024 MB.

My question is, how high is high enough to set this? Should i move it all the way too 1024 or leave it at the 256 it was standing?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the last patch i noticed we can move the disk cache slider up to 1024 MB.

My question is, how high is high enough to set this? Should i move it all the way too 1024 or leave it at the 256 it was standing?
Ohh we have a diskcache slider again?

Hmm first we have to test in KR it was not really good to test because the client wasnt stable ;)

F

Fink

Is more disk cache better or worse?

*edit*

I set mine to max, given that we have the option now. I had to switch from Lucis to Default to do it though, I guess that part of the interface got updated?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is more disk cache better or worse?

*edit*

I set mine to max, given that we have the option now. I had to switch from Lucis to Default to do it though, I guess that part of the interface got updated?
ohh yes, but i will intigrate this option in future releases, i have tested the setting i think it is not so important that i have to get a hotfix on.

S

Sweeney

I don't notice a difference.. still lag up when I move a screen away from my keep and back to it.