• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion: Social Functions

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

SOCIAL FUNCTIONS

Admin LOCAL I'm hearing friend list, but what features of that would be particularly useful? I mean you can /who all to see literally everyone online, what else should friend list do

nimor LOCAL massge friends so they get it once htey get online

Admin LOCAL maybe it can let you leave a personal message, like chat programs do, so friends can see it

Dreadz LOCAL friends list should indicate a particular person that is online

seas LOCAL friend list can have notes for afk

Admin LOCAL or offline messages, yeah, could see that, though probably just do that as a generic mail system

seas LOCAL should be able to 1 click group with friends

Dreadz LOCAL at this point the /who all command isn't bad but once you have 100 - 200 players online at the same time you don't want to look throught that list

Auriel LOCAL as a rule, I don't really like having a who all. I want to be able to without some idiot stalking me

seas LOCAL auriel i think /who all is a good idea, maybe a way for you to be invisible from that if you want to avoid 'stalking’?

nimor LOCAL im with Auriel on the /who all subject

Admin LOCAL you could be Anonymous to friends and /who

Auriel LOCAL I like friends list and guild list. But this may be my personal quirk. I even do this mod thing anonomously

Pcuvush

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A quick way to reply to a /tell, and an easier way to /tell, like clicking the name of someone in the chat window to send a /tell would be great.

Claudel GFX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
/who all for serverwide online status aint a good idea... can flood the server if done in a malicious way by a malicious freaks party of dumbos, or via scripts, yet again a window showing everyone online ingame, creates another flaw, like msg bots for advs, i dont really see a good usage for that kind of a command, unless its a php script on the games website and/or game launchers html splash

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
/who all is really just for alpha, it intentionally caps out at 100 players, and hopefully we'll have more than that after launch! I'm not too worried about the abuse scenarios, because there's lots of easier abuse scenarios, and this one is pretty easy to handle (just putting a time limiter on how often you can use it). During alpha, though, where there's like 6-12 people on at prime time, it's useful to be able to find the handful of other people wherever they are!

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
You can reply to a /tell with the /r command (or /reply if you like typing). You can also abbreviate /tell as /t. And yeah, eventually we'll have some less primitive ways to private message!