• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion: Player Housing

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

PLAYER HOUSING

nimor LOCAL if i could build things ingame it will keep me for a long time

Auriel LOCAL thats what I was wondering, if any of that has been thought out for group organizing

Admin LOCAL yeah we've been talking about selling some very limited housing spots in the kickstarter, like a few houses in Serbule, places like that. the game cant really do a ton of open-world housing because it just isnt set up for it,

Aviticus LOCAL Yea we've been talking about that, letting players build houses and such.

Admin LOCAL so most people will need instanced houses (think EQ2 style). but we could hopefully do some outdoors. or at least custom facades that teleport you into your instance

Dreadz LOCAL <--- wants a deep grave house

nimor LOCAL this well get u allot of ppl

Aviticus LOCAL Agreed Nimor, that's what I told Eric.

Auriel LOCAL its something to save money for...something to work on

Auriel LOCAL even if its instanced

nimor LOCAL fame and npcs that talk about u if u do hard quests or realy starnge things will be nice

Auriel LOCAL carpentry can start to include furniture

Gremror LOCAL I could just see a giant staue of Nimor above Elitbule castle cos he donated 10k....

Auriel LOCAL~~that you can sit on....~~

Aviticus LOCAL Though I hate to say it here, I've seen a ton of games hit their Kickstarter goals based on housing sells alone.

Admin LOCAL haha working on it!

Gremror LOCAL Like in Braavos

Aviticus LOCAL We actually have the tech, and the experience to make it happen though.

nimor LOCAL well u need to chose what is ur dream of this game

Aviticus LOCAL So I think we'd do really well with that.

Dreadz LOCAL there is one right now that has reached almost 5mil

nimor LOCAL thats Sota

Admin LOCAL yeah... I dont want to oversell though. I mean if we sell those houses in Serbule and then those early adopters quit, that's a bunch of empty houses in the newbie town forever. which ... sucks. So I want to be cautious

Admin LOCAL that's a hell of a lot of money heh

Auriel LOCAL UO does things with housing like you have to have an active account or the house goes away

Gremror LOCAL NPCs could be included with houses?

Auriel LOCAL vendors

Dreadz LOCAL yup and the game isn't

suppose to be released til later this year

Admin LOCAL that's true, maybe all you're buying is the

first year's rent in the Kickstarter, something like that

nimorLOCALgoust houses ! doungen in side serb :D

Cardiel LOCAL likely the reason AC went to monthly

maintenance on their housing
14 Jun 2014

Aviticus LOCAL Yea true, I think SotA actually recycles them

or resells them if you don't stick around long, which is kinda of odd

for something you paid for.

nimorLOCALthat why ppl pay

Dreadz LOCAL Eric

look up shroud of avatar .. they got some good ideas on price levels

Auriel LOCAL UO has a limited number of house spaces in the world. They have had ways of making the player maintain it

Dreadz LOCAL it may help you figure out how to price the housing

Gremror LOCAL I like the idea that it keeps it around for a year, afterwards you have to pay to maintain it

Aviticus LOCAL Yea Dreadz, I've been studying that a lot, and taking lots of notes for us to dig through.

nimor LOCAL Sota solved it by creating random maps that have a city in them

Gremror LOCAL There could be a city that is the size of most of the map, and is largely urbanised and residential

Auriel LOCAL didn't AC2 have instanced housing communities? or am I thinking of something else?

Admin LOCAL well if we got $4 mil we could definitely do something like that haha

Aviticus LOCAL If I remember right Eric wanted to utilize our existing zones.

Admin LOCAL randomly generated world is outside of our indie scope

Aviticus LOCAL Yea it's a lot maintaining instances alone.