• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion: Player Given Quests

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

PLAYER GIVEN QUESTS

nimor LOCAL if it can be done quest given by other players will be nice

Auriel LOCAL nimor speaks of players giving players quests

Dreadz LOCAL lol that would be great

Auriel LOCAL like if a veteran wanted to hire a newbie to farm cotton for him

Gremror LOCAL Tohelp create a player driven economy

nimor LOCAL and mpcs talking about players base on fame allso

Auriel LOCAL exactly Grem

nimor LOCAL npcs*

seas LOCAL would player given quests reward money/items only?

Gremror LOCAL The quest giver would define the reward I assume

Auriel LOCAL it would be easy to reward money. XP would be nice

nimor LOCAL i think it can be done like recipes

Admin LOCAL I'd planned for a pretty simple system like that, where you could put tasks on a message board with whatever text you wanted, and they would require an item in exchange for some other item. The quest would only be doable the number of times you give rewards

nimor LOCAL so u need items to creat a quest for an item

Admin LOCAL so you could have a Collect Dragon Scales quest and put in 10 emeralds, and it would effectively trade them

Auriel LOCAL would the player generate the item or the board?

Admin LOCAL but I'm not sure how convenient or easy that would be to use, since you'd need a drop-down list of like 5000 items at this point, and growing!

Gremror LOCAL Player should

Admin LOCALthe

player would make a notice on the board, with text and reward and goal

Auriel LOCAL so like a vendor except the trade is not in money

Dreadz LOCAL you could just add a box for the player to add the reward ( if its an item) or a drop down for gold ( player would have to have gold for the reward)

nimor LOCAL need to polish the idea but it will realy help keep the community

seas LOCAL with regards to 5k items, could you group items? like consumables for trade, misc, meat, head gear, etc.