• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion: Night and Day

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

NIGHT AND DAY

Dreadz LOCAL there needs to be a day/night cycle ini game

Dreadz LOCAL which would allow for you to know how long you have before can speak to certain npc’s

Admin LOCAL yeah, hoping to do that pretty soon... gotta get the lighting issues worked out

Admin LOCAL It will be a shorter-than-real-world timespan I think. Like EQ or AC

Admin LOCAL an hour of day and an hour of night, or something like that

Admin LOCAL I dunno, it's all pretty up in the air. the big factor is weather, it needs time for a nice thunderstorm or snowstorm to blow in during the day or night, so at least an hour long. more than that may be annoying if people are trying to do night-only things…

Admin LOCAL shopkeepers wont keep hours, except for maybe a couple special ones. too annoying

nimor LOCAL so even if ur in diff time zone u will not get stuck in light or night

Admin LOCAL good point about having an odd number of hours in the cycle

Admin LOCAL if you can only play at 7pm it shouldnt ALWAYS be dark when you log in

seas LOCAL sorry if already stated, but what would happen at night specicically once implimented

Admin LOCAL seas: different weather, different spawns maybe, some NPCs would behave differently