• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion: Necro pets in the crypt

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

NECRO PETS IN THE CRYPT

Dreadz LOCAL speaking of dungeons... can we get the crypt set same as grave yard for necro?

Gremror LOCAL Seconded

nimor LOCAL 3rd

Admin LOCAL the whole crypt?

nimor LOCAL ya

Gremror LOCAL It makes sense

Dreadz LOCAL A crypt is the necro palace so to speak

Auriel LOCAL the crypt by def is...a graveyard in the sense of necro needs

Admin LOCAL heh I suppose that's true. I just worry that would confuse newbies down the road when they suddenly cant spawn monsters at will

nimor LOCAL it confuse them at the start when it dosnt work :D

Gremror LOCAL We'll write it into the wikia, for starters

Auriel LOCAL newbies will find a reason to be confused. This isn't Wow

Admin LOCAL haha fair enough

Dreadz LOCAL I agree auriel

Admin LOCAL well I'll at least make more than 0% of the dungeon a Graveyard. not sure about all of it, but it is weird there's no natural graveyards in there

Gremror LOCAL At the moment, with most dungeons, all we do is kill ourselves 3 times and then we have a graveyard. But it's annoying as hell.

Dreadz LOCAL that way you could regulate how far away from boss rooms a player could be to spawn undead

Dreadz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
One other idea that I had was to make the "shovel" that is currently being used for everyone into a necromancer skill. when a necro buried a dead mob it would spawn a tombstone thus creating a grave yard once 3 mobs in the same area were buried. This would limit the cast anywhere in a particular place due to the necro would have to be powerful enough to kill mobs in a given area before he could spawn his pets.

Claudel GFX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
or just make the skill use a certain number of x item required per spawn, that way, the only important thing is to have the required items in your bag, and not be tied to location/mobtype spawn, lets say you got 5 bones in your inventory? okey you can cast the skill that spawns your skeletron, that way you can even add more mobs that can be spawned by a necro via skill + item required, lets say you have 5 bananas? okey you can cast the skill for to spawn a freaking Monkey :)) obv the higher the mobs/levels, the higher the price you need to pay so you can have that priviledge that noone else has, because in the end you can simplify as much till going perma minions for necro like in any other game, but that gets boring and no strategy is actally required, spesh in pvp, a necro having a big arse money with high crit, or high def/armor, for 10 seconds makes a lot of diff when it comes to gameplay, now having 10 monkeys following you around and killing everything is just plain... and re...tarded
and it goes better with fighting bosses, lets say your party tank gets low on health, you can save him by spawning an ubber monkey that has high def/armor for 10 sec to aide the party by stealing aggro and actually tank for a bit
yet again even this side of the coin has a flaw, because you'll have to create a new item for each mob and add it to all of them droptables...... yet again the higher level is your skill, the more seconds the mob stays spawned... and so much more work to balance the endresult gameplay

Last edited:

Dreadz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Claudel it is very obvious by ur first sentence fragment that you have no idea even what your talking about.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With the new graveyard points in the crypt, I've found this issue mostly resolved as far as the crypt goes.