• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion about potential activities tonight 9/24/10

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mod note:
These posts have been moved from another thread as they were off-topic from that thread.

As they do pertain to UP activities and potential fun tonight, I created a new thread with the two posts.

And now: on with the action!

Original post follows:

*mod snip for point made and received*

Pitr: We'll get in touch with you later on today. We'll have a party!

Bearing in mind that if there was new player traffic, fighting in New Haven actually works AGAINST the guilds involved in the fighting. Other prospective roleplayers then see the groups involved as being more into the fighting than the role play portion of what goes on. Then again, most of the people (newbies and otherwise) who have complained to me in the past (there have been a LOT) are people who I wouldn't want involved with the pirates in the first place *grins slyly*.

As I type this, I'm forming a plan for later. Plan on a few troops being available around oh... 7ish. "Spy" reports will follow.

C

CatLord

Re: READ: A new concept of guild warfare on Catskills

Pitr and PGoH have had problems for years. We of the United Pirates have no intention of interfering in that matter. That issue is now closed on this board. Further posts will be furiously moderated.

Pitr: We'll get in touch with you later on today. We'll have a party!

Bearing in mind that if there was new player traffic, fighting in New Haven actually works AGAINST the guilds involved in the fighting. Other prospective roleplayers then see the groups involved as being more into the fighting than the role play portion of what goes on. Then again, most of the people (newbies and otherwise) who have complained to me in the past (there have been a LOT) are people who I wouldn't want involved with the pirates in the first place *grins slyly*.

As I type this, I'm forming a plan for later. Plan on a few troops being available around oh... 7ish. "Spy" reports will follow.

*returns thread to the originally mentioned topic*

I wont discuss outside politics again... my apologies.

About fighting in New Haven... over 75% of the New Haven population is part of the Circle Alliance... and of those, 98% of the GRI are New Haven Citizens... their rp skills might be bellow par, but they are citizens even when discussing hld and mr... plus they have a blast watching the rp pvp... some even get itchy fingers...
(they were informed about the no healing policy and res if possible, but we have healers nearby)

7PM EST sounds like the perfect way to have three hours of fun.
(I wonder if we could skip the 30 minute time out with legendary healers avaliable... and I'll ask the guards to fight on foot)

PS: it is possible to not attack people on the bank steps (either afk or it is our New Haven Captain leading the battle from a safe spot... soon we'll drag Corvak into the catfight)... so those that dont wish to fight (Blue Cross or crafters can interact and RP but not get hurt) ?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I likely won't be staying for three hours, but I'll certainly try to make 7-8.

If we maintain the roleplay atmosphere, there will be a 30 minute "time-out" for interaction between the winners and losers (all in character, of course).

Anyone who doesn't react to us won't be attacked. Period.
Once someone is in the fight, the only safe way to leave one's computer is to move their character to another location or hide. I'd say dropped connections are safe, but accidents happen all the time...

Anyone who doesn't wish to be attacked and is orange has a method of not being attacked. i.e. We typically have some sort of demand to make before we're attacked. The best thing to do is to actually give us what we ask for. Or at the very least, give us a good stiff drink! We're pirates, we don't typically reduce our activities to combatants only, sorry. But we do always (if it doesn't happen, then I want to hear about it!) give a way out of being attacked.

But I, for one, will try to keep combat away from the bank itself.

Though I do have one more request.
No alts. If Aneirin shows up to the party, I won't log out when I lose and grab Farsight for the next 30 minutes. Aneirin will stay on hand until either the timer expires and he's magically healthy, he is released by his foes or until everyone else runs away and Aneirin can hide to nurse his aching pride.

(The previous was just an example, Aneirin may or may not show up in New Haven)

This is to encourage the roleplay aspect of role play rather than to concentrate on just the fighting. While the fighting is fun, so is the role play if you just give it a chance.

C

CatLord

Report posted...
Mass icqs in a few hours...

Do we have a story line about why the UP want New Haven behind the usual taxes, ale and chaos?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like fun mateys! I will not be able to make it before 8, and that will be pushing it as I do not get back to port until 7.

The rules sound agreeable to me as I will be there more for the RP than the fighting myself.