• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussing Balance

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that this discussion is just a subset of the views of the community and that some of the combat changes the community proposes will effect PvM and PvP. Nothing discussed here is set in stone as the team’s current focus is to finish Publish 95 which will not include any balance changes.

· Balance should be based off 1v1 which [bcolor=rgb(243, 168, 163)]is [/bcolor]confirmed by the community. Rock, Paper, Scissors.

· Moving shot needs to be adjusted without touching the damage.

· Corpse Skin + Curse should not stack from the same “Focused Spec” caster.

· Based on the feedback from my question: Do you feel that removing over capped DCI has removed some of the variety in mage templates and why? I have a new question: Do you feel that the addition of balanced weapons which increase the max dci cap would add to the meta?

· As for Siege, I feel that the Siege community are the only ones who know what their needs are for enjoyable combat. We are open to suggestions that will improve the overall experience of the Siege player base. As a Siege player, what should the cost be to participate in PvP?

· Let’s talk about Tactics being required for weapon specials. So my first thoughts on this have been no, no, and a decided no. But every story has multiple sides and I would like to push the discussion of this topic. I feel that by removing Tactics requirement for weapon specials we would be removing the value of Tactics from the game. This would be a huge change in terms of combat as the invest skill points used for Tactics would be used in other skills. So what new templates would you make after this change and why? What are your thoughts on increased mana cost for Tactics less activation? Understanding that this change affects all combat what value does this bring to PvM?

· “If we are talking about putting special moves back can I please have them back while in forms? It's stupid to have them unable to be used just because I changed forms.” Maybe the forms need special moves of their own?

· I’m not a fan of “Weapon Specials being toggled while casting or holding spells” as it was stated during the discussion this would increase burst damage templates and would have too big of an impact on the current meta.

· I would like to get more of the community’s feelings on allowing shields to be disarmed or why should we continue to not allow shields to be disarmed? There [bcolor=rgb(243, 168, 163)]have [/bcolor]been some light responses but I would like to hear more meat and potatoes :)