• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discorded pet for training and broke discord and lost training points

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was training CU for chivalry gains and was up to 84.9 (discorded)and was stuck for long time. Went to another place to train in the hopes of gaining again. I had to invis which broke the discord and re discord for more training. After the new discord the chivalry skill was reset to 81.8 is this a common occurrence with using the discord skill during training?

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It's working as it should your discord lower the skill a procent of current value, all gains after that isn't lowered so when you need to rediscord the new gains also get lowered and as a result you will see a lower total then before.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so if I keep the Cu discorded all the way up to skill 86.4 like the rest of my other skills are currently at (real being 120 not discorded) that skill will not be at 120 like the rest of the skills.
does that mean using the discorded method will not allow me to reach the 120 real skill once I remove the discord on my pet?

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Ok so if I keep the Cu discorded all the way up to skill 86.4 like the rest of my other skills are currently at (real being 120 not discorded) that skill will not be at 120 like the rest of the skills.
does that mean using the discorded method will not allow me to reach the 120 real skill once I remove the discord on my pet?
What will happen is the discorded skill you are working will raise above the skill levels of the discorded skills that are at their cap.
So, I am working a Phoenix right now. All skills but magery are at 100. Magery is something like 97. I discord the pet and the skills that are 100 are discorded to 72.0. The magery is discorded to 70.4. I will have to raise the magery to about 73.4 to hit the 100 skill when the discord wears off. This was probably clear as mud but I’m trying boss, I’m trying.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what you are saying and agree with you. I am training my Cu again while being discorded and will raise to 86.4 which should be 120 chivalry at that point. I’ll see what happens, it’s at 85.5 currently.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so an update on my results of using the the discorded skill to raise the Chivalry skill.
First off during the time my CU was discorded these were the numbers listed on my CU.
Wrestling 86.4/120
Tactics. 86.40/120
Anatomy. 86.40/120
Healing. 110/120. Bugged shows real
Parrying. 86.40/120
Meditation. 86.40/120
Focus. 86.40/120
Chivalry. 88.30/120
When undiscorded all were back at Thier 120 original skill levels again. Chivalry was also at 120
Healing skill which was already at real skill did not change.

chivalry was trained on Gregorio all the way up to 120 to assist in the process whisper was used every 30 minutes or so.

out of curiosity I re discorded my pet again and the chivalry skill was reset to match the other skills at 86.4
Not sure why it was able to reach 88.3 during skill training, maybe a quirk in the game?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It still works as it should your last training session you started at 113,2 and when discorded it showed 81,5 then you got 6,8 in gains to a total of 88,3 when discorded and 120 real.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Discord lowers skills by 28% of their current value (halved to 14% against 160.0 Barding Difficulty foes). 120x0.72=86.4.
For a skill at 115.0, it's 115x0.72=82.8, but he can still gain 5.0 more points, so it goes up to 87.8 if he gains those 5.0 points while under the Discord when he was first at 115.0 skill. This is why i tend to re-Discord my pets after awhile, so that my Discord skill can effect their newly gained skillpoints as well.