• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance Skill (for toon not pet)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hewwow everyone!
I am just about to hit 90, and will test it out myself soon.
Wondering if anyone knows, if it is possible to gain discordance using either of the two mastery spells.

Also, doing this on Siege. Is it like "no way in hell" I'll gain within those 12 and 15 minutes, or is it still random skill gain within those intervals?
And what does the reset once per day means?

Thanks in advance.

:)

On Siege Perilous and Mugen, the RoT (Rate over time) system applies for gaining skill points above 70. RoT resets once per day, at 8pm EST/1am GMT.

• Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
  • Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points have a time limit of 5 minutes between points gained. (250 minutes min to gain 5.0 skill)
  • Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 have a time limit of 8 minutes between points gained. (320 minutes min to gain 4.0 skill)
  • Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 have a time limit of 12 minutes between points gained. (360 minutes min to gain 3.0 skill points)
  • Skill points for skills between 100 and 120 have a time limit of 15 minutes between points gained. (750 minutes min to gain 5.0 skill points)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about peacemaking. When I run one of those masteries should my peacemaking go up? I have had it locked for years ill have to juggle some skills are if it does.

thanks

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wondering if anyone knows, if it is possible to gain discordance using either of the two mastery spells.

Also, doing this on Siege. Is it like "no way in hell" I'll gain within those 12 and 15 minutes, or is it still random skill gain within those intervals?
And what does the reset once per day means?
That info about Siege you pulled is dated (or rather poorly worded)...there used to be a limit to how many skill points per day you could gain and thus it was important to know when that limit was reset. Nowadays you can gain as many points as you like. Unfortunately the limit still applies to stat points though.

You can absolutely use the masteries to get to 120 on Siege. The RoT intervals for skill gain still apply but you can speed things up by a lot if you use masteries that won't flag you as criminal or put you in heat of battle.

When you have reached 70+ (RoT) go to a safe logout area (your house or an inn) to make sure your character will be able to immediately log out. Eat a scroll of alacrity for the skill you're training and use a mastery that won't prevent you from instantly logging out. Use the mastery to get a gain (0.2-0.5 because of the alacrity) and immediately log out. Logging out will stop the alacrity timer and you can get from 70 to around 110 easily. Either use 2 alacrities or train to around 90 the normal way and then eat an alactity to go to 120 with increased gains.

Before you do this make sure that whatever you're using to gain does not flag you in any way or else you will take 2 minutes to time out and the alacritiy timer will continue to count down every time.

with discordance I am not sure but I think it will flag you as agressor...so might not work as well...but you can definitely get gains with the mastery

Last edited: