• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance questions.

• Thread starter imported_Chad Sexington
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Chad Sexington

From the FAQ:

<blockquote><hr>

Discordance:

This skill is used to weaken a creature. Like Provocation and Targeted Peacemaking Discordance is difficulty based. To get the correct skill necessary to successfully discord a target reduce its base difficulty by 20% (10 points).

To use the skill

- use skill discordance
- target the creature

If successful, your target will lose a percentage of its skills and stats. The percentage lost is dependant on the bard’s Discordance skill. For instance, at 50.0 skill, the target loses 10% from all stats and skills; and at 100.0 skill the target loses 20% from all stats and skills. Once the effect wears off, the target's skill and stats will return to normal. (Does not affect player characters.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not affect resists?

I decided to convert my pvp mage into a pvm mage. Dropped wrestling and I'm looking at something like this:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
120 Music
120 Discord

I always wanted a provoker, but the double targeting is a hassle (especially if you miss).

Peace would be nice. But I've heard a lot of good things about Discord. Is it really that good?

I would consider dropped resist for Provoke... but I can't stand getting poisoned all the time and getting paralyzed forever.

Discord only?

J

joblackjon

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills. 120 Disco reduces everything by 28%.

Peace is nice on a Tamer. I think Disco and/or Provo are a better for a Mage.

Good hunting

M

Mulan's

<blockquote><hr>

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Discord affects only skills and resists. It does not affect stats at all.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills. 120 Disco reduces everything by 28%.

Peace is nice on a Tamer. I think Disco and/or Provo are a better for a Mage.

Good hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I may just give in and go:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Discord

I liked discord because it's just like another spell. Just hit the discord macro + last target and get all the benefit without any loss in stride.

But provoke may be worth it.

I'm just not used to carrying trapped crates. I never have. But I've been killed too many times my paralyze on my pvm warrior was testing out.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my bard has never died to being parad.

i dont think many critters can cast off a para while in disco.
if a critter is 100 magic and you gonk it for -28 that takes it down to the 60% range for being able to cast para.

meh.

5% Luck

You need skill increase items like a good scrapers and a crystaline ring you can managge the provok and the resist if you can broker out a suit

120 discord
110 provok +10 bracletw/lrc
110 music +10 braclet w/lrc
100 magery +20 Crysaline ring
100 med
100 eval
80 resist +10 scrappers +10 ageas of grace

+60 skillpoints from items

this will also let you wear the vesper chaos sheild for a casting cap of 1/2 its not the 2/6 that a pvp mage is used to but its sumthing Plus since in PvM you going to get consta nuked IMO protection is a must and 70 resist spells is enogh (kinda)