• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance or Provocation?

G

I have a tamer with this skills:

Veterinary
Peacemaking
Musicianship
Magery
Animal Taming
Animal Lore

I have 700 skillcap and I don't have any Power Scroll yet, so I'm hesitant with this question... What skill is more useful for you, Peace or Provo?

Thanks.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go for powerscrolls. *g*
110's are not very expensive. With tame, lore and vet and 110 you could be fine for the taming skills:
- 110 tame/lore gives you 100% control over each tameable
- 3 additional stable slots
I usually prefer also 110 on magery (the most expensive 110-scroll) for having 100% success on gates.
Music and peacemaking is a bit harder. A while agoe barding skills beacem difficulty based. Tamers are meant to hunt big critters. In the long term, I would recommend to go for 120's, but if you can find 110's/115's for cheap, those would do for a while. Having hte barding skills 'only' at GM level, wouldnt help you too much. You simply fail too often with them on stronger monsters.
I would fill up the last skillpoints with meditation or focus (if your an elf).

I

imported_GFY

I never really had provoke on my tamer. If I say, "all kill" I really don't need to provoke, do I?

I did have a pretty good provoker/mage that I ran around soloing stuff with but thats another story.

Discord however is very usfull on a tamer. It will make it easier for your pets to kill their targets.

E

elenka

Hi there,

Disco is great for tamer. Provo is less useful because you always need 2 creatures to provoke, and in general it's harder to take care of your pet and provo 2 more creatures... With disco - go 120, it will reduce your target skills/resists by 28%. High provo/music give you higher success chance but 120 disco makes a difference in result in addition to higher success chance.

Of course it all depends on your play style. Soulstones are great to try different things. I play mage/sw or mage/tamer or mage/bard or mage/tamer/bard on the same char depending on what I feel like doing.

There is barding difficulty calculator on Stratics:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php

so depending on what monsters you want to hunt, you can decide how high your skills should be for a decent success chance.

Elly

J

joblackjon

I had a Provo/Tamer and found him useless compared to:

Peace/Tamer - great for taming pets that bite

or

Disco/Tamer - awesome PvM machine

M

mutau

I switch out my bard skills with my tamer and primarily use the provo in dungeons with too many critters coming at the same time, like Bedlam. But other than that, she's a peace tamer unless i need to be a mage tamer for peerless.

M

Mr Sal

I use peace and discord on my tamer, so my pets can chew those monster's @sses faster and the peacing allows me to keep a crowd under control. But I have 120 in Lore, Taming, Discord, Music, Peace, Vet, and 104 in Magery