• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance on pets

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Can disco on pets be used on players as a way to emulate the satyr training trick?

I don’t have any pets with disco so I can’t test, but it would be much easier to have a pet disco my crafter at my house where my resources are.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. Pet Discordance does not work against players. Player Discordance does, but that only temporarily removes the Skill Bonus from +Skill Gear for up to 6 seconds. I've seen PvP Tamers at Yew Gate relying on +Taming/Lore Jewelry to control their pet, have their pet go wild on them after being repeatedly Discorded and stupidly trying to command their pet. Between that and Masteries being Real Skill based, i always advocate 120 Taming/120 Lore real.

Phantoms in Despise work even better than Satyrs in Twisted Weald. Can get a Phantom, level it up to Lvl 15, and it'll have around 150-158 Discord skill.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Yes thanks!!! Yea I was thinking tram despise is best, but figured I would see if pets work

Also have to be super careful if you are in vvv as a tamer. When you res after a by death there is skill loss. You can have all real skill and still easily lose your pet that way.