• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord Triton Build Advice

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I popped my 3rd Triton today on my Necromage Tamer. 65% intensity with 127.7 wrestling, 171.1 resist, 160 dex, 207 str. Really happy with him! My plan is to put CB and Discord on him.

Question is if I should put anything else on him in addition to that, such as armor pierce or aura of energy. I think armor ignore would be wasteful for this build.

Here's what I have planned so far: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I popped my 3rd Triton today on my Necromage Tamer. 65% intensity with 127.7 wrestling, 171.1 resist, 160 dex, 207 str. Really happy with him! My plan is to put CB and Discord on him.

Question is if I should put anything else on him in addition to that, such as armor pierce or aura of energy. I think armor ignore would be wasteful for this build.

Here's what I have planned so far: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com
Congrats on the Triton! I would agree about AI but I think I would think the same about using that build (CB) on a necro tamer since corpseskin will reduce fire whereas the CB would reduce energy. I think you might be better using a fire beetle to fully "synergize" with the Necro template. Having such low energy on a target wouldn't be fully taken advantage of with a Necromancer since I don't think a whole lot of the main spells do energy damage. I think the CB/Disco would mesh well with maybe an archer (100% energy bow) tamer or bard/tamer (spellsongs).

The only thing I could think that would help Necro would be adding Armor Pierce which drops all defenses I believe so you could drop a flamestrike or something if timed properly (seems like AP only hits for long enough to cast 1 spell).

Outside of that I might switch it up and do like a FWW build on your necro so you could go around spamming wither while they FWW and possibly Aura :D

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've thought about that too. I have a fire beetle and a fire drake already.

I want a pet with Discord. CB will help Triton's damage too and I can use death ray on the mob.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get it. What I was saying is that by using death ray (magery) you are essentially wasting 200-240 skill points on your tamer since you aren't using Necro. I wasn't suggesting NOT doing the disco/CB build as I find that is actually pretty interesting but my advice was to rethink the template you use it on. If you aren't using Necro/SS (since you are using death ray) then it might be worth using a different tamer template. I'm not sure what your NecroTamer setup is but assuming you have the magery to do death ray; what if you swapped out Necro/SS for Tactics/Anatomy and used a 100% energy mage bow? This way you would constantly hit on the energy resist and could even death ray when you have mana.

Again just a thought.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I got him to 4 slot and so far just put CB and Discord on him. Apparently CB doesn't have a graphic in EC so I just have to assume he's using it. I got his discord skill up to 40. I'll get him to 5 slots tomorrow and work on skilling him up.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got him to 4 slot and so far just put CB and Discord on him. Apparently CB doesn't have a graphic in EC so I just have to assume he's using it. I got his discord skill up to 40. I'll get him to 5 slots tomorrow and work on skilling him up.
Yup no graphic just a explosion sound

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Death Ray is an absolute mana hog. The Necro+SS will allow him to go into Wraith Form to alleviate that against high Mana targets. I have a guildy with a 6x120 Tamer/Mage template, and he uses equipment to boost his Necro/SS high enough to use Wraith Form.
He did 800 damage Death Ray ticks to a Bone Daemon in Castle Blackthorn yesterday. The Bone Daemon had 0 Resists, was Discorded, and Death Ray was running so another -10 Energy Resist, so the Bone Daemon was like -38 Energy Resist. He was also using a Demon Slayer spellbook.

But yeah, Disco+CB only. Once the pet lands Disco, it'll have about a 75% uptime on CB. I would've suggested leaving CB off of him though, until his Disco reaches 120, then add the CB. Faster Disco gains then. I've raised a Disco Triton to 90s Disco within several hours at the Acid Slug pit in the Underworld while running Whispering on cooldown.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pit of slugs? What is this mystical place.

upload_2019-5-9_21-29-25.png

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Death Ray is an absolute mana hog. The Necro+SS will allow him to go into Wraith Form to alleviate that against high Mana targets. I have a guildy with a 6x120 Tamer/Mage template, and he uses equipment to boost his Necro/SS high enough to use Wraith Form.
He did 800 damage Death Ray ticks to a Bone Daemon in Castle Blackthorn yesterday. The Bone Daemon had 0 Resists, was Discorded, and Death Ray was running so another -10 Energy Resist, so the Bone Daemon was like -38 Energy Resist. He was also using a Demon Slayer spellbook.

But yeah, Disco+CB only. Once the pet lands Disco, it'll have about a 75% uptime on CB. I would've suggested leaving CB off of him though, until his Disco reaches 120, then add the CB. Faster Disco gains then. I've raised a Disco Triton to 90s Disco within several hours at the Acid Slug pit in the Underworld while running Whispering on cooldown.
I already put 30 mana regen on him, does max mana need to be very high for this build? He only has around 150 mana now and I've seen it get low but not to 0.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Triton's....making 119 wrestling "crap" since 2019. LOL, people in guild now giving away pretty much any Triton with less than 120 wrestling.

I took my 129.5 wrestling Triton to Sleeping Dragon today to raise discord, most of the time he would just stand there and not fight back unless I commanded him to because the Lizard men with ~30-35 wrestling go wiff, wiff, wiff. He's all like "They're massaging my back again."

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was considering using one of my sub 120 wrestling “crap” tritons to build out a discord/CB one. Good idea? Or bad idea?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I'm sure it'll be good, it's just with up to 130 wrestling available a lot of people are considering tritons with wrestling 110-119 to be less than desirable. Most of my pets only have GM wrestling and yet people are giving away these nice tritons with 110-119 free.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sure it'll be good, it's just with up to 130 wrestling available a lot of people are considering tritons with wrestling 110-119 to be less than desirable. Most of my pets only have GM wrestling and yet people are giving away these nice tritons with 110-119 free.
It's actually kind of humorous.

The tritons I've built so far are the lower wrestling ones. I just don't have any need to have triton specs that warrent training the high wrestling ones.

I have a couple builds that require pretty specific starting states, long as those wrestlings are close to 120, I consider that good.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do beacons and am able to buy 4. I have no spare stable slots on my mains. I have spare >120 >220Str on spare toons.

I pull two and either I have to give them away or kill them. The last two were taken by someone I have never met. They had 114 wrestling. I gave them both of them because I said they were twins and I did not want them to be separated. They seemed happy to have them, I wish they were 120 wrestlings. When I give away the lower ones I tell then not to add >110 scrolls on the pet.

I have had to poof very few. A 112 wrestling with 140 str is going to be released and go poof.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I already put 30 mana regen on him, does max mana need to be very high for this build? He only has around 150 mana now and I've seen it get low but not to 0.
For Disco+CB, i'd go for 200-300 Mana. That way he can use Disco several times in a row before he runs low on Mana.

I was considering using one of my sub 120 wrestling “crap” tritons to build out a discord/CB one. Good idea? Or bad idea?
That'd be fine. Considering a Disco+CB Triton will mostly be for buffing the Tamer's damage output with Death Ray, E-Bolts or 100% Energy Weps.
One Tamer using a Disco+CB Triton, and another Tamer using a Chiv+AI Energy Drake is a pretty effective combo too.