• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord options for Triton/CU

Zara

Adventurer
Hi, I'd love to get different opinions and thoughts on some discord builds. In all these cases, it would be for a Triton or CU.

For single target, general purpose:
  1. Discord and Armor Ignore
  2. Discord and Armor Pierce
  3. Discord and Conductive Blast
  4. Discord, Armor Pierce and Conductive Blast
Which of those 4 do you prefer and why?

For multiple targets, general purpose:
  1. Discord and Poison Breath
  2. Discord and Frenzied Whirlwind
  3. Discord, Frenzied Whirlwind, and Poison Breath
Which of those 3 do you prefer and why?

If you have other builds you favor with discord for either that you like better, would love to hear those and why!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hi, I'd love to get different opinions and thoughts on some discord builds. In all these cases, it would be for a Triton or CU.

For single target, general purpose:
  1. Discord and Armor Ignore
  2. Discord and Armor Pierce
  3. Discord and Conductive Blast
  4. Discord, Armor Pierce and Conductive Blast
Which of those 4 do you prefer and why?

For multiple targets, general purpose:
  1. Discord and Poison Breath
  2. Discord and Frenzied Whirlwind
  3. Discord, Frenzied Whirlwind, and Poison Breath
Which of those 3 do you prefer and why?

If you have other builds you favor with discord for either that you like better, would love to hear those and why!
Have not tried it, but may do so : Disco/FWW/PB looks pretty attractive for multi target and single target, may give it a try on test shard first..BUT..Disco is a bear to train at 120. Nintzitsu 120 also for the FWW to really work is a treat. Pretty time consuming best to discord the pet itself to make it a little easier to train, but still lots of work/time.
Also I wonder if new Triton statuettes can be obtained anymore? I thought that part where you can still get them is over?
Any info on these also appreciated.

Last edited:

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Discord and Conductive Blast
I have 120 Magery 120 Eval for Mastery Death Ray with slayer books. Works wonders on High Level T Maps when I help friends with theirs. Only one mage can death ray at a time so I am glad I am usually the only Mage Mastery user in the area.
Did slimes in Underworld for Disco Gains only took like 5 days at 2-3 hours a day. Ran consume damage, kept an eye on pet loyalty and did AoE clearing when there was a lot of mobs disco'd because of target switching.
Didn't add AP because I want max uptime on conductive blast for Death Ray.

I have a Chiv Feint FWW for Scalis with resist set according to the boss himself, only pet I don't have to heal non stop there.
Also a Chiv FWW Triton for the new spawns and boss.
Working up disco was such a chore I don't think I will do another but I enjoy having a good debuf pet that can heal.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Discord and Conductive Blast
I have 120 Magery 120 Eval for Mastery Death Ray with slayer books. Works wonders on High Level T Maps when I help friends with theirs. Only one mage can death ray at a time so I am glad I am usually the only Mage Mastery user in the area.
Did slimes in Underworld for Disco Gains only took like 5 days at 2-3 hours a day. Ran consume damage, kept an eye on pet loyalty and did AoE clearing when there was a lot of mobs disco'd because of target switching.
Didn't add AP because I want max uptime on conductive blast for Death Ray.

I have a Chiv Feint FWW for Scalis with resist set according to the boss himself, only pet I don't have to heal non stop there.
Also a Chiv FWW Triton for the new spawns and boss.
Working up disco was such a chore I don't think I will do another but I enjoy having a good debuf pet that can heal.
Here's a tip for working up Disco on a pet. Put Disco on first and work it up to 120 in the Acid Slug Pit, then put on Conductive Blast only after that. Otherwise the Triton will burn about half of it's mana spamming Conductive Blast (making Disco gains take twice as long), rather than focusing 100% of his Mana on Discord attempts. Both Conductive Blast and Discord attempts cost 30 Mana. Disco pets are one of the few pets that i would recommend higher than my usual 150-200 Mana on, since Disco can fail, and so you want them capable of front loading a bunch of Disco attempts to apply it sooner. I usually go for around 300 Mana on a Disco pet.

But yeah, that's my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build. 120 Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery/Eval/Med. An absolute nuke in the right situations. Get the Triton to tank the enemy and debuff them, while you sit there screaming "Kamehameha!" as you melt the poor ******* your Triton is tanking. Here's a screenshot of one of my Death Ray ticks against a Paragon WW in Ice.
WW Damage.PNG

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Here's a tip for working up Disco on a pet. Put Disco on first and work it up to 120 in the Acid Slug Pit, then put on Conductive Blast only after that. Otherwise the Triton will burn about half of it's mana spamming Conductive Blast (making Disco gains take twice as long), rather than focusing 100% of his Mana on Discord attempts. Both Conductive Blast and Discord attempts cost 30 Mana. Disco pets are one of the few pets that i would recommend higher than my usual 150-200 Mana on, since Disco can fail, and so you want them capable of front loading a bunch of Disco attempts to apply it sooner. I usually go for around 300 Mana on a Disco pet.

But yeah, that's my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build. 120 Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery/Eval/Med. An absolute nuke in the right situations. Get the Triton to tank the enemy and debuff them, while you sit there screaming "Kamehameha!" as you melt the poor ******* your Triton is tanking. Here's a screenshot of one of my Death Ray ticks against a Paragon WW in Ice.
View attachment 115081
Thank you was in a bit of a rush and forgot to mention I didn't add CB until after. This advice is priceless to anyone else who wants to work it up and I forgot all about passing it along until you mentioned it. I too enjoy the nuke station effect :p

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

View attachment 115081
Nice!!!
Tritons and other pets at 120 disco, can they disco Boss creatures, like Mel etc? Or there is a higher rate of failure since they cannot use Slayer instruments?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice!!!
Tritons and other pets at 120 disco, can they disco Boss creatures, like Mel etc? Or there is a higher rate of failure since they cannot use Slayer instruments?
Yeah, they have a higher rate of failure due to no Slayer Instrument, but can still land the Disco with enough attempts. Hell, a 120 Disco pet is actually great for Travesty, since you can't bring a Bard player in there.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also I wonder if new Triton statuettes can be obtained anymore? I thought that part where you can still get them is over?
Any info on these also appreciated.
you can still get the Triton.
They left the pirate at bucs den and you can still kill plunderbeacons.
they said awhile back that more items will be added too.
(Kyronix said it on the other forums)
no ETA on that though...
that was said before they began talking about New Legacy.