• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

discord on pets

G

Hi folks!

Even though I have a fairly old bard on Europa I am brand spanking new to disco.
So I decided why not train disco on my tamer.
Also I read on earlier posts discording your cu gives you faster gains in healing.
Well at 103 music (with ring) and 86 disco ( with bracelett) I decided to discord my cu who is at currently 95 healing...Every skill has beed dropped on him...except healing...Something new that I should know about?

M

Martino_Bianco

Despite what it shows your cu's healing has dropped. I don't think they got around to updating the pet menu's since the healing skill on pets was added. Something they overlooked I think.

G

GuitarStrings129

does that go for all skills?

like if i disco my mare so his magery etc drops and then have him use it on stuff it will gain faster just like if a player is discod by a satyr?

M

Martino_Bianco

Yep, when a pet is discorded their skills train faster - I recently got my mares magery to GM like this. I was lucky to get 0.1 per hour from 98.0+ before discording but after discording It was pretty fast.

J

joblackjon

Can you Discord you pet anywhere? Or just in Fel?
Can you Disco a friends pet?
Thanks

G

You can do anyones pets in fel, only guilded friends pets in tram.

M

Martino_Bianco

You can discord your own pets, guilded or unguilded anywhere.

Lady Sounder covered the rest.

I

imported_Shamano

Disco is fantastic for training a Cu's healing. Disco and go after the shadow ele took me from 93.9 to 100 in about 6-7 hours all other skills were 100 at the time.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
even faster.
disco your pet and cast poison on him.
will GM his magic resist, anat, and healing all together.

G

yep that is how I did it...casted poison while my pet was discorded...matter of fact I had healing resist and anat at GM while tac and wrestle was still in the 80's

R

Ru Atl

how do you stop the cu from eating you? i know mine has no problem taking a bite outta me when i accidently double click him in war mode

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if ya need to ask, then you probablly dont need to know.
hehehehhee

<begin pointless Rambling's about UO>

oh hey, look.... the stables at the NPC stable master shops have pens... that close.... neat.

i love boats.
i love to park my boat and stand on shore and admire how nice it looks sitting there in the water all floaty and such.

a friend of mine has one of those new fangled customisable houses. i was very impressed to see that he had made a whole floor dedicated to his tamer, all full of closeable pens for all his pets. He even put a book labeled with each pet in that pen to give it the 'lived in' feel. so ya, he's a freak.

did you know..... that a pet can go through wood tables, BUT can not go through stone tables? Its something to do with the molecular density of the stone compared to the wood. It was explained to me once, but i saw something shiney and wasnt paying attention.

<end pointless rambleing>

T

Tulianya

Sorry to res this old thread firstly,

So Poo and his rambling gave me a thought that I didn't really want to spend hours thinking about/researching... Is it a legit thing to do in UO, forming your own personal zoo/barn? I think it would be nice to have pet pens and stuff that are persistant, but I am guessing they would go wild/loose training/lost on server downtime kinda thing? Do the GMs of UO care if you actually pen stuff up? Thought I heard some nasty little ban stories from my recent board traveling.

Thanks,
Tulianya

J

joblackjon

Recently someone posted that he received a 24 ban for doing just that. But it is done all time.

It is against the TOS for you or your pet to gain skill on creatures that cannot "get" to you. But it is done all time.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
to TRAIN a pet where it cant hit you is a no no.

if you where to put a pet in a stable you made in your house as a zoo kinda thing for people to see, that is perfectlly legal and ok.

BUT.
it would go wild over time.
and it would also dissapear when you logged out.

you could tame critters and set them free in your stables.
that way you could fill your own zoo in your house.

T

Tulianya

So I can train disco/provo on "wild" pets in my house that are pent up, but I can't train my pet by locking him up and casting on him? I don't have a tamer, so I guess I don't really have to worry about it, but provo/disco has slowed on polar bears and I am only at 56-57 skill for both. Gaman's are too spread out with pretty mean creatures near the Homare gate to work on provo, but I can do disco there by running huge laps.

Tulianya

J

joblackjon

I don't think it's legal to train any skill on any creature that cannot get at you (in your house or not) but it is done a lot.

There is a huge herd of Gaman south west of the Kitsuni Wood (in and around the housing area) and no aggressors. The occaisonal Kit may wander among the Gamans but it's really safe for training.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks!

Even though I have a fairly old bard on Europa I am brand spanking new to disco.
So I decided why not train disco on my tamer.
Also I read on earlier posts discording your cu gives you faster gains in healing.
Well at 103 music (with ring) and 86 disco ( with bracelett) I decided to discord my cu who is at currently 95 healing...Every skill has beed dropped on him...except healing...Something new that I should know about?
After discording my pet, how do I Un-discord him. Seems he has stayed discorded.