• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord Cu

Wilma

Adventurer
Hello, I noticed that my discord cu doesn't use discord as a first choice attack. Sometimes not at all, and sometimes when the opponent is almost dead.
Shouldn't it lead with the discord attack?
Thanks

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets are not the brightest when it comes to using their skills appropriate to the occasion.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When fighting tougher creatures they fail discord so often that it's not even worth putting it on a pet.

Wilma

Adventurer
Whenever I use my chivalry cu, the pet always uses the chivalry right away, but not with discord.

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant have a Chiv/Disco pet. As soon as you select the second magic, the forget the first. I tried it and was an expensive lesson to learn as I used 120 scrolls. I love my Disco Dog!

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spamming "all follow" and "all attack" helps to trigger disco. It needs to have enough mana though. Not sure if it also works if it has another magical skill though.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Spamming "all follow" and "all attack" helps to trigger disco. It needs to have enough mana though. Not sure if it also works if it has another magical skill though.
Spamming pet commands is a good way to lose a pet.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spamming pet commands is a good way to lose a pet.
Pets no longer go wild, except for Pack animals (Giant Beetles, Pack Horses, Pack Llamas). He is correct though, telling a pet to follow you, then kill, will oftentimes trigger a Disco attempt if the pet has Mana for it.

When it comes to effectively using pet abilities, Less Is More. The less abilities a pet knows, the more it'll spam the abilities it does know, Mana permitting. Cu Sidhes innately come with Bleed Attack, and also spend 10 Mana per bandage Healing attempt. A Cu Sidhe with Disco+CB+Bleed+Healing, will use Disco and CB far less often than a Triton with Disco+CB+Healing. Why i specialize my pets, and avoid overloading them with abilities.