• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord Cu Sidhe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you are putting 120 melee scrolls on it, it seems you also want it to do damage.

So, I would do it like this:

You want the Focus and Med for regens.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you are putting 120 melee scrolls on it, it seems you also want it to do damage.

Now I am totally lost.

In your reply to me, asking if it was possible to train 4 Abilities on a CU-Sidhe, you told me here Question about the Training of CU-Sidhes "no I was still asleep. A blank pet can get those 3. A cu already has one, bleed. "

Yet, in your suggestions to the OP, your linked Planner indicates, besides Bleed, also Discordance, Armor Ignore and Conductive Blast.

That makes 4 Abilities.

Infact, the Planner indicates a Warning :

: You have more than 3 abilities selected. Pets can only have 3 total abilities, including their innate starting abilities.
Exception: If your pet did not start with a Magic Ability, you can have 4 Total Abilities. You Must train the Magic Ability LAST for this to work.
So, can CU-Sidhes get 4 Abilities or can they not ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now I am totally lost.

In your reply to me, asking if it was possible to train 4 Abilities on a CU-Sidhe, you told me here Question about the Training of CU-Sidhes "no I was still asleep. A blank pet can get those 3. A cu already has one, bleed. "

Yet, in your suggestions to the OP, your linked Planner indicates, besides Bleed, also Discordance, Armor Ignore and Conductive Blast.

That makes 4 Abilities.

Seriously just go try it yourself

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED

Yes I want to do as much damage as fast as I can, Already have a Chiv/AI Cu with all 120s that does 150-210 damage and chiv is only at 95 and climbing.
TY for the insight Only 2 questions
#1 So what order do I add AI/Conductive Blast/Discord. and at what stage 3-4 or 4-5.
#2 Why the change in the Resists.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Now I am totally lost.

That makes 4 Abilities.

OMFG Can you read.
Exception: If your pet did not start with a Magic Ability, you can have 4 Total Abilities. You Must train the Magic Ability LAST for this to work

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps

You specifically said TRAIN 4 abilities. Which to me means you are adding them.

I meant you can not add 4. Remember I try to speak to the lowest knowledge poster. I did not want you to think you could add 4. Then we would go round and round on that. And you already did. lol

The UO website is down I cant show you the chart of what you can add but I did give you a link and you must not have read it..

A Cu can get the 3 things I mentioned:

1630892251408.png

This makes them end up with the 4 things.

1630892427414.png
Healing is Free.

And yes the message says you have to add the magic last, that is correct.

You can always add a magic to a pet that can get magics, You can choose Chiv and then change to Discord.
Not advised in that way. And the second magic cancels out the first.

Since a magic can always be added I usually write how many Areas/Moves/Abilities a pet type can get.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I want to do as much damage as fast as I can, Already have a Chiv/AI Cu with all 120s that does 150-210 damage and chiv is only at 95 and climbing.
TY for the insight Only 2 questions
#1 So what order do I add AI/Conductive Blast/Discord. and at what stage 3-4 or 4-5.
#2 Why the change in the Resists.
Always go from the bottom up.
1630892919745.png

Area first. But not on this pet.
Move then ability and Magic is always available.

I build the base pet first.

Base pet is done.

I do the base pet first so someone will not put on scrolls and then mess something up.
Advanced tamers can do things in any order. Drunk tamers should follow the order.

Last round.
1. Set Base damage per second to MAX
2. Choose moves/abilities/magic
3. Put on scrolls.
4. There are more than 100 points left to play with.

Resists:

Lore your targets. You will find there are few things with High HP that have cold or poison resist. Poison resist does not reduce chance of being poisoned.

There are few Bosses or any High HP things that do those two damages unless they are split 20% in each damage. There are 3 to be exact. one is Krampus (cold) another is Mephitis, (poison) I dont do that spawn for other reasons. Corgul (Poison and Cold) I made a Triton for Corgul with high cold and poison.
My Corgul pet. Works great. Pet for Corgul the Soulbinder

Its ok to make pets for what you fight. You can have 42 of them.

Some things in doom have cold or poison damage but I am there right now with a Cu. We did 2 rounds and came up for repairs. They waiting on me. hehe

Link to Bosses info: Category:Bosses - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Also things in Eodon do poison damage, but with healing or consume my Cus kill Dimes and Allosaurus just fine.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have pet types that do different damage and have different resist possibilities.

Cu can have high cold.
Najasaurus is poison immune.

So I build my other pets with 80/80/45/80/80. So they can go to Eodon and do the Huntsmaster Challenge.

I have specialty pets for specific encounters.
The Triton for Corgul. A Triton for Scalis. Fire Steeds for Medusa and Melisande.
I added no poison or cold resist to my Wildfire Ostard.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
@popps

I meant you can not add 4. Remember I try to speak to the lowest knowledge poster. I did not want you to think you could add 4. Then we would go round and round on that. And you already did. lol

The UO website is down I cant show you the chart of what you can add but I did give you a link and you must not have read it..

View attachment 121911

View attachment 121912
Healing is Free.

You can always add a magic to a pet that can get magics, You can choose Chiv and then change to Discord.

Since a magic can always be added I usually write how many Areas/Moves/Abilities a pet type can get.
Cu Sidhe | uo-cah.com
Pet Abilities | uo-cah.com

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain TY for the input
Set resists to match what you will use the pet against. You just need the 120 Discord scroll. Cus are easy to get.
Make some with different resists if you want. We have 42 pet slots! Have FUN!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps

View attachment 121911

View attachment 121912
Healing is Free.

My apologies, I mis-explained myself, I did not mean TRAIN, I really meant HAVE, when all is said and done with the training...

When you say "add the magic last ", that means, one of those which the UO-CAH Planner calls "Magic Abilities" ?

That is, any among Ninjitsu, Magery Mastery, Discordance, Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Spellweaving, Bushido, Chivalry as the 4th, last one ?

Also, from reading on Taming and various Posts made by Tamers, I seem to remember that there are some "special" instances whereas a Pet can get 2 "Magic Abilities" and the 2nd one would not cancel out the 1st one.

Is that so ? And in what "special" instance can this be a thing ?

Also, I seem to remember reading, that the 2 special "Moves" actually count as 1 "Ability", not really 2.... is that so always the case ?

Thanks for the clarifications !

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, Disco+CB+AI is fairly redundant. Disco lowers Resists. CB lowers Energy Resist. AI ignores resists anyways, so the other two don't really matter for it. Not really synergistic. Not to mention Disco+CB+AI+Bleed is a LOT of ability bloat, especially when you consider Healing also sucks down 10 Mana every time they use a bandy.
If you want to debuff the opponent (so the Tamer themself and everyone else deals more damage), then you'd be better off with a straight Disco+CB Cu, but if you want the Cu delivering the majority of damage, Chiv+AI. Trying to mix roles on a pet usually results in a sub-par pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you say "add the magic last ", that means, one of those which the UO-CAH Planner calls "Magic Abilities" ?

That is, any among Ninjitsu, Magery Mastery, Discordance, Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Spellweaving, Bushido, Chivalry as the 4th, last one ?

Also, from reading on Taming and various Posts made by Tamers, I seem to remember that there are some "special" instances whereas a Pet can get 2 "Magic Abilities" and the 2nd one would not cancel out the 1st one.

Also, I seem to remember reading, that the 2 special "Moves" actually count as 1 "Ability", not really 2.... is that so always the case ?
Yes magic is Magic ability.

No you can never have two active magics. If you choose a second Magic it WILL override the first.

Some specials require a passive magic. So the pet has that magic as a passive, it can get a scroll for that magic added.
But that magic will do NOTHING ELSE.

This pet has an active and Passive Magic:
1630918681490.png

The Lore and Knowledge page in Black letters shows what the pet can do. Notice ONLY 1 MAGIC Ability.
But The red letters shows it has Frenzied WW and Chivalry added. FWW requires Ninjitsu as a Passive magic
and you have to pay the extra 500 points for it. But the pet can not do Ninja spells because it is not on the black screen.

The red letter page shows you what was added to a pet.
If you put multiple magics on a Pet they will appear on the red letter page. Lets say Disco and Chivalry in that order.
But the page with Black letters will only have Chivalry.

And in some cases the special moves count as 1/2. It depends what other things you added.

UO.Com is down I cant show you the page that has the chart. But it is on the bookmarks I told you to add.

If we could have 2 Active Magics we would all be making AI/Chiv/Discord pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, Disco+CB+AI is fairly redundant. Disco lowers Resists. CB lowers Energy Resist. AI ignores resists anyways, so the other two don't really matter for it. Not really synergistic. Not to mention Disco+CB+AI+Bleed is a LOT of ability bloat, especially when you consider Healing also sucks down 10 Mana every time they use a bandy.
If you want to debuff the opponent (so the Tamer themself and everyone else deals more damage), then you'd be better off with a straight Disco+CB Cu, but if you want the Cu delivering the majority of damage, Chiv+AI. Trying to mix roles on a pet usually results in a sub-par pet.
Id like to see a timed comparison between an AI/CB/Discord pet and a AI/Discord Cu. See what kills faster.
Wont be easy to do unless you manually discord the target first. Discord is not one of my favorite magics so I aint gonna do it. I know a CB/Discord will be slow as hell.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My apologies, I mis-explained myself, I did not mean TRAIN, I really meant HAVE, when all is said and done with the training...

Thanks for the clarifications !
2 magic abilities are possible only on Scree pet. He will is able to use both magery and mysticism.
Every other pet can have 1 hidden and one active.
example : Choose FWW and you will get ninjitsu. Pet will not use it, it will be hidden and affect FWW damage. If you will choose Chic as magical one, pet will have 2 magic but only one will be active.
Same with poisoning. If you will add poison, then poison breath(area) then Chiv, poison will become hidden. Will affect Poison Breath damage (poison level) but pet will not poison enemy on hit.

Popps, just go tame 10-15 Cute and try all your ideas. Or ask in hen chat to give you all useless tritons for silly experiments. Or try all this on test shard when it will be on.
Now all you do is proofreading some websites and other posters comments while having no practical experience.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Lets be brutally honest here people, I do not want to waste 120 scrolls, is this a viable build that you would do.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As a general rule, 120 tactics is a waste on any pet. 100 or 105 is fine. The cost/value of the scroll itself, the training points it costs, and the actual difference in damage all factor into this.

see here:
Damage Calculator

discordance you’d want to use 120.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
As a general rule, 120 tactics is a waste on any pet. 100 or 105 is fine. The cost/value of the scroll itself, the training points it costs, and the actual difference in damage all factor into this.

see here:
Damage Calculator

discordance you’d want to use 120.
I have 2 Chiv/AI pups one with all 120s and one with 120s 110 Tact/Anat because I used the Damage Calculator and I can tell you that the all 120 pet does a lot more damage than that calculator let on. I use swoop to do a lot of testing with my pets and the 120 pets takes him out way faster than the one with the 110s even though the calac says there is not that much difference in the two. This is not just one or two swoops this is days and days of training pets with lots of gold to bank (bag of sending)

Last edited:

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Pet is on hold until TC is up and running so I can test it there. Back to finishing my 120 pup and 120 Triton Chiv/AI LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet is on hold until TC is up and running so I can test it there. Back to finishing my 120 pup and 120 Triton Chiv/AI LOL
A compromise would be AI/Discord. The AI does its thing. The discord makes the pet do more normal damage.

120 discord scroll. 110 115 the rest. Since you are not getting the higher damage increases from chiv.

Put earmuffs on and kill stuff. There are lots of discord Cus used every day.

Ill do some sort of discord test when I'm done on test center. New publish!!!!!

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
A compromise would be AI/Discord. The AI does its thing. The discord makes the pet do more normal damage.

120 discord scroll. 110 115 the rest. Since you are not getting the higher damage increases from chiv.

Put earmuffs on and kill stuff. There are lots of discord Cus used every day.

Ill do some sort of discord test when I'm done on test center. New publish!!!!!
That is my major concern is would a discord/AI pup kill things as quickly as a chiv/AI pup. I understand that the damage being done will be different but does discord = chiv in killing speed? To me that is the test or as you suggest make different resists on my pets to survive better depending on what I am going to fight. My fav is a 80/80/70/65/70 resist as a good well rounded pet as I find that more mobs do phy or fire damage. Also as I stated I have a chiv/AI pup that I used 110s on Tact/Anat and the all 120 pup kills a lot faster than the 110 one does, I just gave the 110 more mana. My tamer is a peace/discord tamer so I will take the pup to stage 4 and discord Swoop to see how fast it kills him, i know it wont have AI on it but it should give me a good idea on the time it takes to kill. Time to kill and damage taken are my benchmarks. I like to kill the same thing over and over to see how many killed and how long it took.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain have you played around with these Triceratops | uo-cah.com. I found an 85% phy one that I am going to play with. Waiting for it to bond and then will do the standard 3-4 training upgrades to see
They make a nice Tank. It is not going to kill things fast since it can't get Chivalry. But they are fun.
They can gain healing if you beat them down and tame when it is active.

Basic info Thread. Triceratops

I did this on mine:
1630955789387.png

There was a time when you could feed them communication crystals and make them talk.
Mervyn posted it as a bug so they took that away.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
They make a nice Tank. It is not going to kill things fast since it can't get Chivalry. But they are fun.
They can gain healing if you beat them down and tame when it is active.

Basic info Thread. Triceratops

I did this on mine:
View attachment 121946

There was a time when you could feed them communication crystals and make them talk.
Mervyn posted it as a bug so they took that away.
I love TANKS GDs CUs TRITONSs Always looking for Tanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@HRH Liz

I have a Cu with just Conductive Blast and AI.
I just killed a bazillion Balrons at Chaos with it. I didn't get any paragons.

it has these scrolls:
1630957569989.png

You can have it on TC and play around with it. Can discord with your toon.
Can see it does more damage when CB is active.
One of my first Dogs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do we care about how fast ? Now i know the answer i just don't like it
Some players only like deco that does something. They like useful things.
Similar to I want to kill things the fastest.
Different folks for different strokes. :)

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I like deco also but if I am going out to kill things I want to be able to kill things fast to get more kills. I also checked by Tri and it has 5.0 healing so I got lucky LOL and it shows Healing

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
TY all for your replies, this has given me a lot to think about and how to spend my hard earned money wisely.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just provo things disco them and let my meat shields i mean my guldies sampires and pets do the work..

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is my major concern is would a discord/AI pup kill things as quickly as a chiv/AI pup. I understand that the damage being done will be different but does discord = chiv in killing speed? To me that is the test or as you suggest make different resists on my pets to survive better depending on what I am going to fight. My fav is a 80/80/70/65/70 resist as a good well rounded pet as I find that more mobs do phy or fire damage. Also as I stated I have a chiv/AI pup that I used 110s on Tact/Anat and the all 120 pup kills a lot faster than the 110 one does, I just gave the 110 more mana. My tamer is a peace/discord tamer so I will take the pup to stage 4 and discord Swoop to see how fast it kills him, i know it wont have AI on it but it should give me a good idea on the time it takes to kill. Time to kill and damage taken are my benchmarks. I like to kill the same thing over and over to see how many killed and how long it took.
I’ve tried different pets too, so it’s not just coming from the calc. You don’t mention 110 vs. 120 wrestling. Wrestling impacts hit rate and defense rate, and hence damage given, specials applied (many apply on hit), and damage taken. The RNG is also a bigger factor here. 120 for wrestling is more important than > 100 tactics :)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
when you or somebody in your party have HLD pet with 110 wrestling does pretty good damage to bosses

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I’ve tried different pets too, so it’s not just coming from the calc. You don’t mention 110 vs. 120 wrestling. Wrestling impacts hit rate and defense rate, and hence damage given, specials applied (many apply on hit), and damage taken. The RNG is also a bigger factor here. 120 for wrestling is more important than > 100 tactics :)
I only do 120 wrest. It was the Tact/Anat that was being debated.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only do 120 wrest. It was the Tact/Anat that was being debated.
120 tactics is the waste, imho. 120 anatomy is a much cheaper scroll and far fewer training points. Both appear to be about the same in terms of the damage calculator. I wonder if anatomy factors into amount healed with healing pets like the Cu.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
120 tactics is the waste, imho. 120 anatomy is a much cheaper scroll and far fewer training points. Both appear to be about the same in terms of the damage calculator. I wonder if anatomy factors into amount healed with healing pets like the Cu.
I have TWO CUs and the only difference is one has 120 Tact/Anat and one has 110 Tact/Anat and I know what the damage Calac says but the one with all 120S does a LOT more damage than the one with the 110s so IMHO all 120s if you can afford them is way better.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
DISC+CB+AI works better for teams of cus/players with energy dmg. ¨
DISC+AI if you're gonna be solo.

CB has some cooldown, so doesnt always use it even if your pet is just DISC+CB for death ray build. Try it and you'll see, death ray is a fun build but not very tanky since you cant run consume dmg at the same time.

People disagree and talk meta, this is what UO is about.
Numbers arent everything. I did much better dealing with paragons in WF using discord cu rather than chiv cu - even though on paper chiv cu deals more damage.
Why? Cause paragons were way easier when discorded, and if I spent time on my player to discord it I risked dying as they switch target to me for various reasons.
If the pet did the discording I could focus on invis self, healing and dmg dealing (while watching for players dragging aggro).

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
TY @Lex Darion for your thoughts I am still digesting all the input and I understand all about on paper because of the first Chiv/AI I did with 110 Tact/Anat and the 2nd one I did with all 120s and the damage difference between those 2. I look at the damage #s but as stated I go on # of kills over time and for some reason that 120 pup gets a lot more kills in the same period of time.

Any hints on Chiv Training LOL I discord and use Whisper every 30 mins but it is still slow. LOL