• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord and Peace Skills

• Thread starter Razzputon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Razzputon

I'm curious to know how much better the Discord and Peace skills work between 100 and 120. IS the extra 20 skill worth it or could the points be put to better use?

T

Trukx

For disco is it huge.......28% vs 20%.....doesnt sound like much, but its a larger chance to hit and for more damage. Also, for 160 dif mobs, its 10 vs 14%, again, doesnt sound that significant, but it is......at that, you'll be successful a lot more as well.

Can answer anymore for peace since i dont use it any more.

5% Luck

Target peacing holds a mob in an unattacking state longer with higher skill. Also at 120 peace you have a wider range of creature that can be target peaced. At gm peace you have (what i look for) 100% success on many less monsters. If you use the stratics barding difficulty you will get a proper list of success rates. I know at 115 you have for the 1st time 100% on dragons and at 120 greater hyruis. Above and beyond this lvl of monster target peace is typicality unreliable. Paragons and peerles are off the menu. Antien wryms can be done with 120 though you will fail once in a while.
Now with a quick curse you reduce the barding dificulty a bit then a discord you reduce its by quite a lot. This can make the difference between target peacing and failing. My brother regularly target peaces a misima with this method. 1st curse then discord then peace. Unbelievably effective. I use the peace a little different. I use the peace only on what i have 100% target peace and make a most effective mid range hunter out of it. But as for bards the most effective to me is the discord/provoker. So i leave the peace for shadow/antien wyrms and under. Where my "real" bard lends himself to peerless guantlet and paragons.

As for area peacing it works exactly the same from gm-120. I do not use it at all since its effects can be simulated in so many ways. 1st is the invisi spell. If cast successfully its the same if not better than the area peace. Then the cunfuzion blast potion, very close to the same effect. Standing under your pet in a pvm situation allows you to negate any attacks on your person and on to the pet. Imo thats the same as invisi/area peacing. Then as well you have honoring yourself and ethereal voyage from spell weaving. Thats quite a few ways to avoid the skill timer to save yourself with area peace. And that might not be all the ways!