• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Discoing a Peerless

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my tamer has disco, and i was fighting mel in a big group. I was curious to see the effects of disco on a peerless when they "shrug off SOME of the effects." I lored her before and after the disco. After the disco she lost 1 point of each skill and 1 point of each resist. That's BS.
Ok, I know they are the toughest of the tough, the endgame for PvM, but is there any reason they have to be all but immune to a skill I shoved 240 skill points into and HOURS AND HOURS training? Not to mention the fact that there is less than a 10% chance to succeed! I didn't expect them to lose the normal 28 points of each but 1 point? COME ON!
thoughts?

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that does seem really sh1t.

I've used against mel and didn't have lore so couldn't find out exactly what the difference was but I know it didn't seem to speed things up noticably.

I think they have a much greater impact on the champ bosses and doom bosses from experience.

Can anyone confirm this?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes any creature that gets disco'ed and doesn't return a message that it "Shrugged off some of the effect" gets the full brunt of the disco......28 points at 120 disco

T

Turdnugget

Had there been a rune beetle... it woulda sped things up. Armor Corrupt ftw =)

Kinda silly that even at 120 it would only lower her by 1... almost makes a bard useless there.

R

RichDC

You didnt get a succesful disco...it was a semi-success,

Trust me all of them when they get discod are absolutly obliterated!!!

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didnt get a succesful disco...it was a semi-success,

Trust me all of them when they get discod are absolutly obliterated!!!
Oh it was a success, but peerless have a built in resistance to disco. It says they have shruggged off some of the effect......Where is should say, "Put your instrument down, Bards have already been nerfed into the ground."

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious to know how much Disco/Music is needed to successfully discord Dreadhorn?

Is 120/120 an absolute? How often do you succeed, is 110/110 sufficient? Success rate for that skill level?

R

RichDC

Hmm, sounded like a semi-succes but not playing a bard i dont know...i do know i fly through runs when theres a bard.

All champs/peerless have a 160barding defficulty so unless there is a slayer im 90% sure 120 is a must (and eq instruments a bonus)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at 160 barding 120/120 Disc/Music gives a 20% chance success rate with an exceptional quality instrument.

115/120 gives 10%.

I typically don't mind building characters, even taming is easy from an advanced char token. But I absolutely dread working discord.