• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco Triton

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Back story: I have been putting off making a disco pet just because my AI/Chiv Cu has been pretty effective just about everywhere I go and I have a second account with a bard (disco/provo) that typically is used for disco. With the renewed invasions I've switched up my pairing to be a sampire (on the bard account) and tamer because my bard never does enough damage to get anything and I started thinking that if I had a disco pet it would make things go quicker.

I was thinking a Triton probably would be the best bet for Disco because it would have lots of room with no wasted abilities like bleed (for a cu). That said, I started to think what would be the most effective build for the Disco Triton. I've read some posts on adding Disco to a Triton but it seems like a majority of what I read was pairing Disco & Conductive Blast as the most effective and that primarily all I saw (outside of a handful of combo's people weren't really sure about like disco + mystic).

So I had a few questions that i was hoping to get some help with (apologies if I overlooked them when I searched):

1. Is a disco/CB triton the best disco combo with the thought that I could also use my sampire with an energy axe as well?
  2. With the idea of damage output in mind, would it be worth while to add AI to a Disco/CB Triton or is that counter productive since CB wouldn't hit as much and the AI wouldn't be doing the same damage as if it had Chiv/AI? What about Armor Pierce (not sure if this would be basically the same as AI)?
  3. If I do end up going Disco/CB only (I guess idea would be sampire is main damage dealer) then does the strength come into play at this point since it won't be using AI (I know I'll be sacrificing some damage on regular hits)?

Thanks!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  1. Is a disco/CB triton the best disco combo with the thought that I could also use my sampire with an energy axe as well?
Yes. At 120 Disco, the Disco will lower the victim's resists by 28 (14 on 160+ Barding Difficulty bosses), and the Conductive Blast will then halve the remaining Energy Resist. Onslaught from the Sampire can then further lower the Energy Resist by up to 20, making both the Sampire and the Triton deal more damage. If you use my patented Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build (Tamer Templates), then you can even further lower Energy Resist by 10. Both Onslaught and Death Ray can bring Energy Resist into negatives.
I wouldn't bother putting AP on a Disco+CB Triton, since the +10% damage from AP wouldn't make up for the lost CB uptime.
Strength on the Triton will still benefit it. All of these Energy Resist debuffs will be increasing the Triton's damage output as well, due to their 50% Energy Damage.

I'd train Disco up to 120 first in the Acid Slug Pit of the Underworld, and only once it hits 120, then put on Conductive Blast. If you put on Disco and Conductive Blast at the same time before Disco is trained up, it'll take much longer to train up the Disco because the Triton will then be spending Mana on Conductive Blast instead.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awesome thanks for the advice!

Sounds like I should skip the AI too in favor of more uptime on CB?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes. At 120 Disco, the Disco will lower the victim's resists by 28 (14 on 160+ Barding Difficulty bosses), and the Conductive Blast will then halve the remaining Energy Resist. Onslaught from the Sampire can then further lower the Energy Resist by up to 20, making both the Sampire and the Triton deal more damage. If you use my patented Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build (Tamer Templates), then you can even further lower Energy Resist by 10. Both Onslaught and Death Ray can bring Energy Resist into negatives.
I wouldn't bother putting AP on a Disco+CB Triton, since the +10% damage from AP wouldn't make up for the lost CB uptime.
Strength on the Triton will still benefit it. All of these Energy Resist debuffs will be increasing the Triton's damage output as well, due to their 50% Energy Damage.

I'd train Disco up to 120 first in the Acid Slug Pit of the Underworld, and only once it hits 120, then put on Conductive Blast. If you put on Disco and Conductive Blast at the same time before Disco is trained up, it'll take much longer to train up the Disco because the Triton will then be spending Mana on Conductive Blast instead.
Do you have to disco your pet on the slugs for it to gain to 120 Disco? Or can you take it to 120 without the pet in discord? I have a tamer with a disco pet, but he is a Necro-tamer and doesn’t have disco. The poor pet is struggling to get over 104 disco.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have to disco your pet on the slugs for it to gain to 120 Disco? Or can you take it to 120 without the pet in discord? I have a tamer with a disco pet, but he is a Necro-tamer and doesn’t have disco. The poor pet is struggling to get over 104 disco.
Nope, no need to Discord your Disco pet for it to gain. It just gains really slowly. When it comes to pet Discord, you want quantity over quality. Large amount of mobs that the pet can disco then kill. Acid Slug Pit is PERFECT for that. Just run Consume Damage or Empowerment on the pet so it doesn't die to the slugs, then use Whispering on cooldown. It goes really slow past GM. If the pet is using abilities other than Discord, then it goes even slower.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks @PlayerSkillFTW for the slug advice; it's working very well and getting close to 120 in just a few days.

I still have the last level on my pet to go (1501 points) and as I'm wrapping up training I'm wondering if anyone had advice on where to put the final points since the tritons come with legendary wrestling/resist thats a point saver and since I'm not adding AI in addition to CB that's another point saver; resulting in a good amount of "leftover" points.

I'm wondering how much mana is enough to run CB while fighting higher end things like Shadowguard or Scalis so that there will be no break (at least from a mana standpoint)... I currently have 500 which seems like it's plenty given that once disco lands that no longer will take mana and with CB duration my Triton would be regenerating mana back when it's applied. I don't want to waste points in mana if they aren't needed since I can always throw them in HP if there are extra. My only other thought would be to throw some more points into stam regen but everything I've read doesn't make it seem like stam regen is really needed above 10.

1591189526016.png 1591189544404.png 1591189561638.png 1591189578451.png 1591189595117.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still have the last level on my pet to go (1501 points) and as I'm wrapping up training I'm wondering if anyone had advice on where to put the final points since the tritons come with legendary wrestling/resist thats a point saver and since I'm not adding AI in addition to CB that's another point saver; resulting in a good amount of "leftover" points.

I'm wondering how much mana is enough to run CB while fighting higher end things like Shadowguard or Scalis so that there will be no break (at least from a mana standpoint)... I currently have 500 which seems like it's plenty given that once disco lands that no longer will take mana and with CB duration my Triton would be regenerating mana back when it's applied. I don't want to waste points in mana if they aren't needed since I can always throw them in HP if there are extra. My only other thought would be to throw some more points into stam regen but everything I've read doesn't make it seem like stam regen is really needed above 10.

View attachment 108913 View attachment 108914 View attachment 108915 View attachment 108916 View attachment 108917
Make sure Base Damage is 24-33, pump STR to 700, bring SR to 10, save enough TP to 120 the rest of the skills if you want, rest into HP.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can confirm that I was able to put 700 str on the Triton. I did as @PlayerSkillFTW suggested (minus the skill scrolls since I didn't want to spend the money on them) and added CB/Base Damage/700 Str (total)/Stam Regen 10/HP 888. It's a very good pet for the roof to absorb damage and lower the energy resists of the bosses (mainly Ozy/Anon).

I probably wouldn't use it if I'm only using my tamer because I think my AI/Chiv Cu does more damage but it's a great pet for supporting my sampire.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I probably wouldn't use it if I'm only using my tamer because I think my AI/Chiv Cu does more damage but it's a great pet for supporting my sampire.
Yep, an AI+Chiv pet will deliver more damage output by itself, but the true strength of the Disco+CB Triton is in it's ability to buff the damage output of others. That Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build for example, the Tamer himself deals more damage than even a Chiv+AI Triton, due to the Disco+CB Triton buffing Death Ray damage. Combine that with a Sampire using a 100% Energy Double Axe and Onslaught, and we're talking about absurd levels of Energy resist debuffage and damage output.

Turkish

Journeyman
Yep, an AI+Chiv pet will deliver more damage output by itself, but the true strength of the Disco+CB Triton is in it's ability to buff the damage output of others. That Death Ray Tamer/Mage © build for example, the Tamer himself deals more damage than even a Chiv+AI Triton, due to the Disco+CB Triton buffing Death Ray damage. Combine that with a Sampire using a 100% Energy Double Axe and Onslaught, and we're talking about absurd levels of Energy resist debuffage and damage output.
You're really selling this template Player. I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you promote it! I'm going to have to give it a try.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Death ray works great for targets that don't move or hit you. I got a couple of tabards on brand new toons with 100 magery using it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're really selling this template Player. I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you promote it! I'm going to have to give it a try.
It's a pretty effective template for single target damage output. Plus, it breathes life back to the old 6x120 Tamer/Mage template.

Death ray works great for targets that don't move or hit you. I got a couple of tabards on brand new toons with 100 magery using it.
Yeah, there's some fights that Death Ray isn't ideal for (Osiredon, teleporting Blackthorn's Archers/Sampires unless they're X-Fielded), but it's pretty good for most of them. Saw a 609 damage Death Ray tick on Lady Mel the other day, and Energy is her highest resist normally at 75-80.

Turkish

Journeyman
Yeah I could see it being problematic on those Captains that constantly cast poison AoE. Although, I don't really like those on any template.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I could see it being problematic on those Captains that constantly cast poison AoE. Although, I don't really like those on any template.
Yeah, solo against an Assassin Captain they'll consistently interrupt Death Ray channel. If you're in a group though, and everyone is stacked up on top of each other and casting Arch Cure, then Death Ray won't be interrupted so long as the poison is cured before it can tick.