• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco Tamer

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the best Temp for this?

I think for now i'm going to be doing a pure mage/bard but would like to know how this template is best worked for future reference as I may change things up.

I'm thinking:

Music 120
Discordance 120
Magery 100
Med 100
Taming 110 (35 on Ring/Brace/Tali)
Lore 115 (5 on Tali)
Vet 80

I don't really like the idea of not being able to cast offensive spells but i guess Mind Blast would always be available if any small spawn gets in my way while my pet is indisposed so to speak.

Thoughts?

T

Trukx

Pretty much sums it up. Can always sub eval for med and stock up on MR items. Since you are primarly clearing out lower end spawn, you dont need a whole lot of med for massive regen...10MR can handle that. Can also go lower than 100 magery to free up a few points.

J

jegilber

My Disco Tamer looks like this:

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
110 Tame
110 Lore
110 Ver
30 CHiv (+ 10 Luna Lance, +10 Mark of Trav, +30 Jewel Set) -- 80 total

I basically onyl arm Chiv items when in need of Sacred Journey. Even at 30 I can remove curse one in 3 or 4 tries, not a big deal when Miasma is Disco'd anyway.

Also, when taming Great Drags and needing to gate them back to stable, I equip the follwing:

+15 Spell Book (grim), +20 Crystalline Ring, +15 Bracelet, +5 Alch Talisman.

With a Gate Scroll it will go through eventually. Being that it takes up to a week to find a great Super Drag it really does not come into play much.

I also use Area Peace, or PvM peace in lew of Invis.

I use Close Wounds/Clense by Fire in place of Cure/Greater Heal. With Close Wounds/CBF being Karma based instead of skill based for amount healed, it is a cheaper skill investment than Greater Heal is. The real only inconvenience is the Gate Travel issue. I tried stoning Peace and going back to Magery, but the Greater Drags, and other high ends just cast Reveal nowadays, so I was just getting killed with Invis anyway. This does not happen when properly area peacing. (Not as much anyway, still seem to die daily)

I believe a lot in capitalizing on Skill Jewelry and items as a Disco tamer, as 90% of the time there is no need for Med, Eval, or Magery...but then again, you may fight something that I don't....Thank UO for Soulstones...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tamer is
120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 mage
120 music
120 discordance

At the moment I have Vet soul stoned off for provocation I'm using a dog so he heals himself and Provo cuts down the number of monsters attacking him.

5% Luck

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
110 Tame
110 Lore
110 Ver

I basically onyl arm Chiv items when in need of Sacred Journey. Even at 30 I can remove curse one in 3 or 4 tries, not a big deal when Miasma is Disco'd anyway.

Also, when taming Great Drags and needing to gate them back to stable, I equip the follwing:

With a Gate Scroll it will go through eventually. Being that it takes up to a week to find a great Super Drag it really does not come into play much.

I use Close Wounds/Clense by Fire in place of Cure/Greater Heal. With Close Wounds/CBF being Karma based instead of skill based for amount healed, it is a cheaper skill investment than Greater Heal is. The real only inconvenience is the Gate Travel issue. I tried stoning Peace and going back to Magery, but the Greater Drags, and other high ends just cast Reveal nowadays, so I was just getting killed with Invis anyway. This does not happen when properly area peacing. (Not as much anyway, still seem to die daily)

I believe a lot in capitalizing on Skill Jewelry and items as a Disco tamer, as 90% of the time there is no need for Med, Eval, or Magery...but then again, you may fight something that I don't....Thank UO for Soulstones...
You are the Man!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
110 Tame
110 Lore
110 Ver

Would greater Confusion blast be an option rather than Peace?

U

uoBuoY

An all-around tamer needs SoulStones.
When taming a GD you might want Magery to cast a gate.
You might want Peace and Disco to tame Mares and up.
You might want Peace for crowd control where there are many critters.

Imho you always want Disco on your tamer. It's good for taming (lowers the prospective pet's resists/skills by as much as 28% so when they hit you it doesn't hurt as much), obviously good for fighting and indispensable in training pets (lowered skills train faster).

V

VorteXPete

My temp works great for me, i use alot of jewels and items to max out my skills though so dieing can be expensive, but i dont die much

Magery 105
Taming 120
Animal Lore 120
Vet 120
Music 120
Peace 120
Disco 120

The only skill i have real 120 in is music

J

jegilber

The main reason I keep Disco/Music/Peace @ 120 real is so I can max out my armor with luck, currently 1648 without statue, 2048 after touching. However, given the recent way I have been playing, I could see dropping peace to 90 real, and carrying +30 jewel set as I really only area peace now since things drop so fast with disco there is no reason to peace them. I would jewel up to peace tame a Hiru or something...I could then set magery to 30 real, and be at 85 with +20 Cry Ring, +15 Spell Book, +5 Talisman, +10 Mark of Trave, +15 bracelet....Hmmm, I then could gate and cast invis when needed...let's see that takes my insurance cost of death up up....

F

Fink

My tamer is
120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 mage
120 music
120 discordance
I'm working toward something like that at the moment. I have 120 Peacemaking stoned off and I'm really not missing it too much. I'm carrying confusion blast potions bound to my area peace key as a substitute and so far I've only had to use that once. Works well, actually, just there's a longer cool down period than the skill.