• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco gain question (non-Poo method)

S

Seismic

My disco skill is currently 87.4 and I've been working Ogre Lords (with jewelry previously) for a long, long time now.

Since I can disco those at 66-67% success rate now, it is overtime to move on.

I'm not sure what I should move on to since Cu Sidhe's are too difficult without tamer intervention. Suggestions?

I don't have access to a tamer, so unless someone on Atlantic wants to tame me some Cu's, don't suggest Poo's method - thanks
. Though I'd LOVE to try it, if anyone feels so kind!

I

imported_Farsight

Bake Kitsune
Blood Elemental
Demon (but only for a little while)
Dragons (the normal, untamed kind, actually the best gainers in the late 80's to GM)
Elder Gazer
Ethereal warrior
Fan dancer (another very good one for your level)

etc. That's just A-F, ignoring the uncommon, low spawn rate or just annoying entries. Cu is only good at your level if it's tamed and untrained.

For more ideas:
Stratics Bard Calculator

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

Bake Kitsune
Blood Elemental
Demon (but only for a little while)
Dragons (the normal, untamed kind, actually the best gainers in the late 80's to GM)
Elder Gazer
Ethereal warrior
Fan dancer (another very good one for your level)

etc. That's just A-F, ignoring the uncommon, low spawn rate or just annoying entries. Cu is only good at your level if it's tamed and untrained.

For more ideas:
Stratics Bard Calculator

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know I can check the calculator. Just curious what people have tried is all.

THANKS, that works.

I

imported_Farsight

Ahh, if you want to know what I've actually done, that's a different story.

I've found the yamotsu mines a wonderful place from about 85 skill onward to at least 110 (haven't worked any bard skills higher yet).

From 85-95, provoking warriors against each other is good. From 95-110, throw priests into the mix. If you're quick, it's good training and not as dangerous as some of the other choices.

Also, I train a lot in Doom while collecting bones. Liches and rotting corpses are great for skill gains at high levels.

Those two seemed to get me the best results (read: fastest) through the 90's due to high spawn rate and difficulty of the provokes.

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

Ahh, if you want to know what I've actually done, that's a different story.

I've found the yamotsu mines a wonderful place from about 85 skill onward to at least 110 (haven't worked any bard skills higher yet).

From 85-95, provoking warriors against each other is good. From 95-110, throw priests into the mix. If you're quick, it's good training and not as dangerous as some of the other choices.

Also, I train a lot in Doom while collecting bones. Liches and rotting corpses are great for skill gains at high levels.

Those two seemed to get me the best results (read: fastest) through the 90's due to high spawn rate and difficulty of the provokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great ..... for provoke.... I'm speaking of disco.

J

joblackjon

I'm training my 3rd Tamer/Bard. I divided my newest char's skills among 3 different chars thanks to SoulStones. One char currently has:
107.5 Disco
108.1 Peace
100.0 Music
90.0 Magery (for Healing)
and nothing else. Disco and Peace are jewled to 120.0. At 420 total skill points I think I gain faster and not just GGS but that's me.

This char uses exceptional instruments and trains exclusively at the Twisted Wield with CUs. The only danger is the odd Changling.

I

imported_Fran Fury

When I didn't have a tamer to gather cu's I would just go to the weald and disco the ones there.Same thing just have to pay attention for the changlings.