• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco for high level mobs

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm thinking of putting disco on either my tamer or my thrower.

It doesn't appear to me that there is a high level of success against high level monsters with disco.

Is it worth it to put this on either of my templates if I can't disco anything especially strong anyway?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Disco is probably the most powerful of the bard powers and is a great thing on either your character or pet that being said bard skills have fallen behind the current power creep and could use love

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Disco is probably the most powerful of the bard powers and is a great thing on either your character or pet that being said bard skills have fallen behind the current power creep and could use love
Even with the low disco chance?

I looked at AWs and there is only like a 30% chance at success, I assume same for greater dragons.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@wishdragon Why you so concerned? I have disco on spell weaver tamer I use for roof works great. Okay so say AW is 30 percent (I have no idea if true going with what you said) your telling me you can't in perfect world try to spend 30 seconds to disco it 3 times without getting upset? I mean I have no clue if you are including slayer bonus. I have no clue what skill level you plan to use (I recommend 120) even with out all that you are worried about a 30% chance? Just news flash but alot stuff I disco feel like more 5-10 percent and some days they maybe 50% all luck based off skill so 30? Pfffft I would not be concerned by this... plz feel free to post further concerns but your example seems a little too ridiculous. Disco is awesome just do it I say. can always stone it.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wow, rude much? It was a question. Who the hell said I was upset?

I looked at the stratics bard calc and at 120 music and 120 disco with dragon slayer, it said 30%.

30% doesn't mean I will get it to work every third try, 30% means I have only 30% chance to get it to work on every attempt, so with no experience going against high level, I made a simple question, if with the low percentage, is it worth it.

I am not knocking the skill, I'm asking about it.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Okay okay I guess... I may have came off a little hard by saying you would be upset... I apologize.

Now back to your %s as said above "in perfect world". I'm not going to argue your outlook on how ratios and percentages work (in a perfect world) but Point was you will be just fine if thats your concern. Get it do it love it! Great skill!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow, rude much? It was a question. Who the hell said I was upset?

I looked at the stratics bard calc and at 120 music and 120 disco with dragon slayer, it said 30%.

30% doesn't mean I will get it to work every third try, 30% means I have only 30% chance to get it to work on every attempt, so with no experience going against high level, I made a simple question, if with the low percentage, is it worth it.

I am not knocking the skill, I'm asking about it.
You will of course fail at times but you will be able to disco a majority of monsters combined with a pet with rune corruption and they melt like butter

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Good point @Anon McDougle totaly forgot to mention rune corruption exactly what I do with my roof guy. I would say tamer wish dragon. I mean you need two drop 2 skills at least to get disco/music. I'm not sure what your templates look like but I find it would be easier to lose them on tamer then a chiv/dexer...

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Pet tanks too if your solo gives ya plenty of time to try to get the disco off, as well which reduces load on pets hp. where you still prbly just run around on a thrower staying away.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good point @Anon McDougle totaly forgot to mention rune corruption exactly what I do with my roof guy. I would say tamer wish dragon. I mean you need two drop 2 skills at least to get disco/music. I'm not sure what your templates look like but I find it would be easier to lose them on tamer then a chiv/dexer...
I run
120 taming/lore/vet
120 music/disco
120 magery

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For your tamer, try 120 discord on a pet, do not overload the pet with specials.
pets can discord at a higher rate than players - though you have less control over when it triggers vs. a player.
on a tamer, so much you can do with 200-240 skill points….

mihali

Sage
pets can discord at a higher rate than players
Not sure how accurate this is. Pets cannot use slayer instruments that are important with some high-level mobs, also pets cannot use exceptional instruments. Also the pet use of specials is not comparable to players since they have poor timing lots of times.
But yes, for lower level encounters you can put disco on a pet, so you free up 240 skill points on the toon, and put on spellweaving and something else, ?Med? so you can disco and also NUKE the enemy with WOD, or Magery to 120 plus high eval, and possibly magery use Deathray. Lots of options.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure how accurate this is. Pets cannot use slayer instruments that are important with some high-level mobs, also pets cannot use exceptional instruments. Also the pet use of specials is not comparable to players since they have poor timing lots of times.
But yes, for lower level encounters you can put disco on a pet, so you free up 240 skill points on the toon, and put on spellweaving and something else, ?Med? so you can disco and also NUKE the enemy with WOD, or Magery to 120 plus high eval, and possibly magery use Deathray. Lots of options.
I found a disco tamer with a RC pet far more effective

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A properly setup tamer with the right magery skills will out damage any tame-able pet (*). That generally doesn't fit if you have bard skills on the same character.
A secondary dedicated bard, other guild/team mates, etc, is a good way to augment the high DPS tamer.

Cora may be a case where discord on pets is not great, as the pet requires mana to use discord. Whereas a player does not.

The discord skill on pets does not appear to have the same ~8 second cooldown that players have. Put a pet into a cround, and it'll discord several targets in the span of a couple seconds.

A 120 discord pet will discord any boss that is discordable.

(*) singular. a pack of 5x of certain critters can play out differently.

Last edited:

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
pets can discord at a higher rate than players
I have yet to ever experience this. I no longer waste putting discord on pets because most of the time I land discord with my bard long before the pet does. And even then it can fail a lot. They really need to make the skill useful again outside of training pets and doing low end content.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have been using it on greaters, ancient wyrms and dinasours a fair bit over the last week and it works pretty well.

Allosours, sometimes I disco in the first try, sometime the 20th try...but when it works, it's much easier to train pet on.

Disco with rc pet tears through greaters, even with sometimes it taking a bit to land the disco.

On the topic of ancients, it had been awhile since I tangled with them, they use to be quite the challenge, now they are disappointing easy :(

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With another dungeon event on way crazy paragons will be challenging and let's hope they haven't broken Provo again i remember when Bards ruled destard now we are support buffers if we can get people to party...

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Crazy how odds can be somtimes, something's take me 5 tries till I disco, and just now I did 2 champs and discoed the piper and riktor on the first try each..