• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disaster in Cove

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Melody sat beside her brother watching his chest rise and fall with each breath. He was breathing easier, calmer. The poison that had marched up his arm had been stopped, thanks to the quick thinking of those who helped.

She was no longer sure who was helping Mason, the night all seemed a blur to her.

She had not even seen the attack, she had been turned towards the crowd when it happened. She heard the commotion behind her and turned in time to see Mason fall, and the mystery man disappear.

Her father would be disappointed in her. So shocked to see her brother injured that she never even thought to send anyone to try to find the person who attacked Mason. If she had, he might be in the Cove jail awaiting trial. Her father had raised all of his children to have a clear head in the face of danger, and she had failed.

Melody remembered the incident when Raelyn reported it to her. As a senior officer, she had done her job. However, Raelyn should have told both Mason and herself about the notes she received. Raelyn should have taken any threats more seriously. This incident might not have happened if they had been forewarned.

Had Melody made a mistake recommending Raelyn to succeed Thea as Captain?

No! She couldn’t think like that!

This was not Raelyn’s fault. Any one of them could have discovered Hewitt’s activities and disciplined him.

Melody smiled at the nurse who came to check on Mason.

She could hear Jassi standing watch at the door. He was a good guard and would make sure nothing happened while Mason recovered.

While Hewitt was at large, none of the Covian Guard was safe. When Rae returned to the hospital, Melody made a mental note to discuss a Guard meeting to make sure no one travels alone.

She vowed Hewitt would never make it to trial, she would find him and kill him.

Melody Caine
Emissary, Covian Guard

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tears fell over the parchments as Raelyn read over several of them, one by one, as if somewhere there would have been a clear sign leading to the events that occured at the ceremony. A way she could have prevented this catastrophe. She hadn't left the office in what seemed like forever. Her often neat, organized office looked as if a wind elemental itself had swept through it, but at this point the disorganization was the least of her worries... In her mind everything was in order as she sorted things here and there.. A soft knock at the door shook her from her thoughts.

"Sis.. I brought you something to eat.." Typhon spoke softer, more concerned than his normal, assertive yet jesting tone.

"I don't have time to eat. I don't want to eat. I've lost more time than I ever should have allowed wasted. Hewitt could be anywhere by now, and Ma-." Rae's voice becoming shaky, not even able to finish her sentence.

"Rae.. No one knew what was happening 'till it was over. No one saw it coming." He sat next to her in the floor of her office. All Rae could do was lean into his arms and cry. She knew that after this moment was over.. As Captain, there was no more time for tears or weakness. Her wrath would be the last thing Thomas Hewitt would ever know. She needed Mason moved to a safer place for better care. She needed him safe, her focus needed to be directed to finding and bringing justice to not only Cove, but Mason. For once in her life she was afraid of something... Losing Mason over her negligent, arrogant mindset... Melody, who put her faith in her as not only her best friend, but to fulfill the duties of the highest honor in the history of Cove.. Afraid to bring dishonor and shame to the people who believed and loved her...

"If Hewitt or anyone else wants to play for blood, they picked the wrong ****ing opponent." Typhon smirked arrogantly as he watched Raelyn stand up, wipe her eyes, grab a stack of papers, and walk out the door. A rage filled her, Typhon knew this look all too well...

"Jassi, best to get the body bags ready. Rae just left, and I don't even think the pits of hell are ready for what she is plannin'." Typhon said as he entered the dining area, snagging a peach from the table and biting into as he smirked at Jassi and Oswald.