• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disarm! Disarm! Disarm!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other day, Lord Raven was reading an article on the Parry skill and realized that with less then 80 dex, his GM+ Parry was mostly a waste of points. So, he retrieved his Wrestling from a soulstone and headed off to Britain to repel the invasion.

I thought that Wrestling would mainly come into play in a PvP/Mage template but imagine my amusement when I fould I could disarm the Generals, Captains, etc. Sure, they are still hard to kill as they have a ton of HP, but without a weapon they are basically harmless.

As I watched the various battles unfold, I was suprised that others were not using this technique. I'm sure that some of the melee warriors must have had weapons that would allow a Disarm.

So, consider this... remember to disarm your opponent if you can. Nothing beats the look on a General's face when a Mage pancake-slaps him and knocks his weapon to the ground! Also, you are helping your fellow players as they will no longer be taking any significant damage from the enemy warriors.

Another handy spell... Paralyze. It seems that the enemy warriors have no resisting spells and Raven was able to paralyze them for long periods of time. Quite handy when you can finish off a General while you freeze his "support troops" in place till you're ready to take them on.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person to think of these things, but in several battles I've not observed these tactics in use so I just offer these tips in the hopes that they can save lives and accelerate the defeat of the enemies of Sosaria!

Safe Travels, Sam

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah Ive had to drop parry on my char cause with the lack of balanced bucklers and my useage of potions, its completly worthless at gm with 138 dex. which is odd because im a fencer, and you parry without a shield. that + poisoning being useless = cear slowly dying.