• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disable Pathfinding in EC?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everybody,

Is there a way to disable pathfinding and auto-run in EC? You know... the thing that makes you automatically walk after your mouse when you (accidentally) double right click the mouse?

I see the "Auto-run Enabled" checkbox in Settings (I'm also using Pinco's). I have it UN-checked.

I don't see a setting for pathfinding in the Settings within the client, but I did find this in my character's user data file (and set them all to false instead of true).

<AlwaysRun enabled="false" />
<EnableAutorun enabled="false" />
<EnablePathfinding enabled="false" />

Nothing changes. I still manage to constantly auto-run or pathfind or whatever it is called when your character automatically follows your mouse without having any mouse buttons pressed. I don't want this to happen.

Help! I can't stand pathfinding!! Please make it stop! I've been fighting it for years!

Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I run into this problem when running into my house when the video card draws my interior for some reason it makes me auto follow drives me nuts. Not figured out a solution yet!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've figured out that it's when I accidentally click the left mouse button while holding the right one (like when I'm walking, and then go to click to open a door or visit a vendor).

I submitted an EC bug report, though I don't expect anything of it. :(

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not a bug. It's intended. Holding right mouse, clicking left mouse will allow you to walk w/o holding down the mouse buttons. I don't like how a health bar will get stuck to your cursor if you hold the right mouse and left click the health bar.