• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disable improved crafting menu

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anyway to turn this off and go back to the legacy crafting menu?

Also after downloading and installing the new Pinco UI this morning and loading the game it has totally screwed my carefully arranged layout, and everything is all over the place!!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a problem with the new crafting menu for tailoring. It's not seeing any of the leather in my bag, regular or horned even tho i set the materials bag so i cannot craft anything. It does see ingots and i can switch between iron & dull copper for example, but it's not seeing any of the leather types. The only way I could see to "toggle" to the original craft ui was to change the UI from Pinco's to Default and then I lose all Pinco's functionality. Thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think maybe it needs some more testing. Since the update it also feels like my character is stuck in treacle when trying to move.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way I could see to "toggle" to the original craft ui was to change the UI from Pinco's to Default and then I lose all Pinco's functionality. Thanks
Yes this sucks a bit (at least for the time being).

Are you also getting lots of lag Zeke?

Salisadus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I do not seem to be having any of these lag issues I see being mentioned but I too would definitely like to know how to revert the crafting system. Don't like being required to search for everything I am wanting to craft.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From reading other threads it seems the lag might be from the normal EC after the patch. Not Pinco UI.

I'd like the option to switch back to the normal old crafting menu though.

Salisadus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like the new crafting system if it didn't force you to search for everything. I mean it does have some really cool features but I don't have every item in the game memorized and sometimes I just want to flip through what can be made because I don't know what I am wanting to make yet. =(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sometimes I just want to flip through what can be made because I don't know what I am wanting to make yet. =(
For me its just a bit big and takes up all my game window!

I don't like the fact I cant see all ingredients on one page without having to scroll down.

It seems a bit "chunky" to me. I also miss being able to browse the lists of items.

It does looks (graphically) far better than the legacy one.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you even read the patch notes? -.-
yes, you have to search for the items, but you need just a little bit of the name or the skill name.
If you don't like to see the materials, just press the green round button and disable it (or just the sub-materials).

This tool is UNABLE to search sub-containers, so just press "Settings" and set the tools and the materials container (unless you don't have all in the backpack).

If is too big, use the scale mode.

It's a month that I'm saying what will happen and asking what you would like, so you should have said something earlier -.-

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just give Pinco the right feedback on things the need to be improve.He always change things an fix bugs really fast when we tell him.
This new menu is not bad, it just could use some adjustments here and there. its where we can help him with. :)

Salisadus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry if you took offense to our comments. As for the saying something sooner...I just got back into the game less than a week ago after like 5 or 6 years away. I didn't even know about your UI until two days ago. I love the custom UI as a whole and if I had known about the changes to the crafting system a month ago I would have been more than happy to share my concerns about it. Also, In regards to the patch notes, Yes I do read patch notes...I worked as customer service for a gaming company for 4 years where 80% of the questions I got could be answered by telling people to read the notes. =)

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If is too big, use the scale mode.
Hi Pinco, this is what I did to get to a size that I could read the smaller text on screen.

For example I found the text that says where you can buy the materials needed is very small.

This part: It can be purchased from NPC Tailor or Weaver.

I used the scale mod to bump it up to a more readable size but then it resizes everything. Hopefully my screenshot explains better.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry if you took offense to our comments. As for the saying something sooner...I just got back into the game less than a week ago after like 5 or 6 years away. I didn't even know about your UI until two days ago. I love the custom UI as a whole and if I had known about the changes to the crafting system a month ago I would have been more than happy to share my concerns about it. Also, In regards to the patch notes, Yes I do read patch notes...I worked as customer service for a gaming company for 4 years where 80% of the questions I got could be answered by telling people to read the notes. =)
I did not take any offense, but some of the questions were just written in the patch notes :p

Hi Pinco, this is what I did to get to a size that I could read the smaller text on screen.

For example I found the text that says where you can buy the materials needed is very small.

This part: It can be purchased from NPC Tailor or Weaver.

I used the scale mod to bump it up to a more readable size but then it resizes everything. Hopefully my screenshot explains better.
Try now, I've changed the font size of the material's info and added the category browsing...
also there should be no more lag.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try now, I've changed the font size of the material's info and added the category browsing...
also there should be no more lag.
Just updated again and that font is much easier to read! The lists also look very smart. Thanks very much Pinco. :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco while your there before when I set a loot bag it would turn the bag a yellow ish colour. It's not doing it any more.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There's an issue with the tailoring menu.
It only "sees" uncut hides. If you have cut hides at your backpack or at your material container, it won't register them and you will be unable to craft anything leather related, whether it is normal leather, spined, horned or barbed.