• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dire Wolf Planning Help

Kengce

Visitor
I am building a Dire Wolf just for fun. Even if it's just for fun, I'd prefer it to be a "correct" and as beneficial of a build as possible.
Is this an okay build?
My Dire Wolf was 91.5% Intensity as a fresh pet.

1612904685003.png

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not an expert, but with only 4 slots, I don't think you can hit the damage cap you're wanting there.

I would suggest dropping the stam regen for health or mana instead. Mana is always going to be the biggest limiting factor in a fight for pets, same for health.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I toyed around with these myself for a while, 4 slot really is the limiting factor where you are forced to make some trade offs. This is probably the best of the 5 I trained at the time. It was trained to GM in all skills and ear marked for some PS boosts that I never go around to applying and just shelved the project. It was a bit of fun as you say but has sat gathering dust for years now. This may give you some inspiration.

Wolfie.jpg

You could argue multiple decisions here like, why 410 HP? Why 300 Int and not 370? Why only 15 HPR etc. The numbers just fitted when trading things off and I'm a stickler for numbers being as rounded as possible.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mana is always going to be the biggest limiting factor in a fight for pets, same for health.
Mana Regen is, not Max Mana. Max Mana really doesn't matter much past the first 20 or so seconds of a fight for most pets. Once they mana dump (which occurs pretty fast with AI pets), they're operating purely off of mana regeneration, which comes from INT/MR/Focus/Med.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mana Regen is, not Max Mana. Max Mana really doesn't matter much past the first 20 or so seconds of a fight for most pets. Once they mana dump (which occurs pretty fast with AI pets), they're operating purely off of mana regeneration, which comes from INT/MR/Focus/Med.
Yea, reading what I wrote; it doesn't agree with what I thought.

I ment mana regen, not mana itself. I'm stupid sometimes, forgive me.

Nicnivin

Visitor
This dire wolf was one of my early experiments. It was meant as a caster, so strength is not maxed. As you can see on the not fully developed necro skills I was not that impressed. I rarely got this pet out for skill training.
The less than expected performance comes from both the Necromancy and the Life Leech choice. I wanted a sturdy pet and the innate health regen from dogs, combined with the reduction of incoming damage by Life Leech, and the healing from Spirit Speak was meant keep it alive while I cast on the enemy. Back then all necro pets did cast Corpse Skin, but due to the 100% physical damage the dire wolf no longer does (which is generally good), so I don't even get the fire resist debuff from it.

There are much better tanks and debuffers out there, so this is sitting in the stables. But I learned from the experiment.

Direwolf-trained.png