• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Digging Up Treasure Chest?

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this may sound stupid--but when you dig up a treasure chest, do you just use a normal shovel. I keep getting a message saying "You can't mine there." Does that mean I am just not close enough to the spot, or am I doing something wrong. I am double clicking on the shovel and targeting the ground while I am in the area close to where the chest should be. And I have 100 Mining.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was happening to me last night as well. I used Sturdy Shovels, tinkered shovels, pickaxes, a Jacob's Pickaxe..... everything I could think of, no mas.....

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use a shovel or a pick axe. Double click your tool, target the map, then target the ground. :)

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, in the last hour and a half I have dug in every pixel on the screen and nada! Getting frustrated! I have not done a treasure chest in probably 9 years--so I may be missing something.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, you have to target the Treasure map first! I love you Shelleybean!!! Thanks so much!!

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone one loves shellybean, sarsma and petra there our god send for women and finding the lil things we over look rolleyes:

Thunderz:heart::heart::heart:

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am happy to say I have now dug up 2 Treasure Chests. I guess you just need to know the right way to do it:) They were a Plainly and Adeptly drawn-so, nothing special in them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even 'plainly' maps can have things like alacrity scrolls and recipes in them. I got several on test center.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Thunderz. It's an honor to be grouped with those amazing women. :grouphug: