• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Difficulty Getting Gains from Making New Gargoyle Cloth Armor

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new gargoyle cloth armor has some fairly high skill requirements (87.1 for cloth arms, 94.0 for cloth chest, 91.2 for cloth leggings, 82.9 for cloth kilt). And yet, a couple of my tailors that I'm still working on, who have tailoring skill anywhere from about 105 to 117, seem to be unable to get even a GGS gain from making piles and piles of these things.

Is anyone else having this problem? I was so excited to see that we had new cloth items that don't take tons of material to make that might be useful for training tailoring. However I'm getting the feeling that there's something buggy about them with regard to using them for actually getting gains....

Would appreciate it if anyone else who's still finishing up tailoring could tell me what you're experiencing using these and the new gargoyle leather armor items for skill gains. (Same goes for blacksmithing, I guess. If one set of items is buggy, the rest may be too.)

J

JohnAlexander

In preparation for SA I recently leveled Legendary Tailoring on my main crafter... looking over the notes I took while leveling, it seems I started at 111.1 with Gargish Cloth Kilt (6 Cloth each) and made them until 119.2 where my gains dropped almost entirely and then switched to Gargish Cloth Arms (8 cloth each) where I finally got to Legendary in about 1600cloth so about .1/200 Cloth.

I have not added up my cloth usage between 115 and 119.2 (my notes got really messy after 115) but from 111.1-115, I used 12,545 Cloth so about .1/322 Cloth, did not seem to bad for me.

For comparison, from 110.2-111.1 I made Cloth Ninja Hoods (13 cloth each) and burned 7,600 cloth so about .1/844 Cloth is was very yucky trying to level off of those.

It should not really matter but I leveled Tailoring right after SA had already been released but before I had actually upgraded my account... I was really surprised they let us craft the Gargoyle armor without being upgraded, but I was quite happy that it was so helpful in leveling Tailoring. So this would have also been before the SA patches. I suppose it is possible that nerfed the gains from these items while they were nerfing Unraveling :-/

I'm sorry that you are having such problems Tina, in my experience they were awesome to make for leveling.

D

Drawde2

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this, but it's a common reason for no skill gains. Do you have any points left to put into tailoring? Do you have a skill set to go down if you've used them all?