• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Different vollems?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ... there are two types of vollems:
- that one from a crystall, that can bind
- the crafted one, that cannot bind

Is there a way to differ between those two without waiting, if it binds or not?
Explanation: I just tamed a vollem that probably went wild and I want to know now, which one it is. *g*

K

Kiminality

I don't think the crafted ones can bond.
But, regardless of that, as far as I'm aware under all circumstances, the crafted ones say [golem] instead of [tame] or [bonded]

K

Kiminality

Tinkering.

You need the "mechanical life manual" from the quest with the crazy guy in the abyss, who's name I can't remember.
Then, it's something like 2 void essences, 1 power crystal and a clockwork assembly to make the vollem assembly.
Then, you need something like leather and 50 white dragon scales to turn that assembly into a vollem.

K

Kiminality

The repairing takes no resources, but can only be done like once a minute or something - too slow for practical use, really

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a difference in what gollems are eating? My tamed one wants meat.
Or is this a diffenrence in general. I have never thought about golems going wild. Shouldnt they just fall apart if abandoned for long enough?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that the "living" Vollem are effectively 2-slot, no-taming-required, unridable, reskinned Nightmares - right down to their resists and loot on their corpses the first time they die.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the live vollem is better that the crafted one, i see.
But stats and resistences are the same? The live one is better or not?

K

Kiminality

I've never seen the stats for a crafted vollem, and the only live vollem I've lored has been one someone was training, so I can't compare them on two counts.

I have two crystals, which I'm wondering whether they're worth cracking open, though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's because it's supposed to be the the same Sutek.