• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Different placing rules for different shards?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Help! :bowdown:

Just placed a house but I want to move it 2 tiles closer to the wall. The red "lines" will represent the tiles... :D

I have tried to resize it now 5-6 times but everytime I try to place it closer I just get the "Can´t place in this area"-message. I know it can be done cuz I´ve just visited a bunch of other shards (my house is on Siege btw) and saw houses there 2 tiles closer to the wall than mine.

And also my neighbour has his closer to the wall and I can swear that the house that fell only were one tile behind my neighbour which means that the fallen house were closer than mine.

Only thing that makes sense is that the placing rules around Zento has been changed at some point. Which would explain why my new house can´t be placed where the old one stood...

Has anyone placed in that area recently and been able to place closer to the wall than me? I can´t test on TC cuz there´s already a house in that spot...:sad4:

So, am I stuck with this or is there something I can do to get closer?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The placing rules have recently changed, not sure if it's intended or a bug but now luna walls and zento walls count just like other player's house plots as far as the five tile rule goes. Totally dumb, but there you have it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The placing rules have recently changed, not sure if it's intended or a bug but now luna walls and zento walls count just like other player's house plots as far as the five tile rule goes. Totally dumb, but there you have it.
Thank you for the reply.

I take it that there has been no official word on that change then?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm, I just went to check out a house in Luna that a guildmate resized today and apparently he was able to place it 3 tiles from the North wall. That means that the stairs were 3 tiles from the wall and the actual foundation were 4 tiles from the wall...

Perhaps it is time that we´re given the exact rules and changes on this.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
perhaps that plant is blocking placement, or there is a small hill you cant see in the ground.
I´m positive there´s nothing on the ground that blocks. Also, I thought the landscape was pretty much the same on all shards...

Plus I´m sure that the previous house was one tile closer to the wall. Oh well.... I guess I have to live with it. It´s just irritating, that´s all... :p

N

Ni-

Hmm, I just went to check out a house in Luna that a guildmate resized today and apparently he was able to place it 3 tiles from the North wall. That means that the stairs were 3 tiles from the wall and the actual foundation were 4 tiles from the wall...

Perhaps it is time that we´re given the exact rules and changes on this.
well the this is, the house is 3 tiles away from the hill that is holding the wall up, not the actualy wall. The actual wall looks to be a couple tiles behind your char up on the ridge in front of the house.

N

Ni-

I´m positive there´s nothing on the ground that blocks. Also, I thought the landscape was pretty much the same on all shards...

Plus I´m sure that the previous house was one tile closer to the wall. Oh well.... I guess I have to live with it. It´s just irritating, that´s all... :p
I've notices that static objects can have different placement on different shards. I have also noticed some objects allow placing on at some points in time and then not allow placing at other points in time.

If there is indeed a new Zento/Luna wall rule, then that looks about right.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well the this is, the house is 3 tiles away from the hill that is holding the wall up, not the actualy wall. The actual wall looks to be a couple tiles behind your char up on the ridge in front of the house.
Ah, good point! I will accept that explaination... :)