• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Difference between TC1 and Production Shard.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Difference between TC1 and Production Shard?

was working up a pack beetle for my Treasure Hunter.
bonded it and started the process of leveling it up to a 5 slot kill'a.

has just finished the first level up and thought i should swing over to TC1 and test the 'pet imbuing' and get it straight what i wanted to do with this beetle before i do it in RL.

so i copy, head over to test.

i wrote down each step i did with the beetle.
1) HP to 300
2) stamina to 150
3) dex to 150
4) resists to blah blah blah

next bump.
1) STR to blah blah bla

you get the point.
got the pet done, liked what i had done to it and decided that was the ticket.
so, logged out, back to production shard and did the first pet imbuing allotment of points, then back into leveling up.

so i get about half way through and went to pick what was next on my list which was one of the specials and...... the option was not there!

so my question is this.
if i copy a character over to TC and test something then go back to production shard and implement it should it not be the same???
like its the same current publish on both, no?

it just kinda makes no sense why they are not the same.
makes testing stuff out kinda worthless if they are not, no?

end of the day the beetle is good to go but im kinda missing not having that one other special.

only thing i can think that would have been different between the 2 beetles was the one on production shard would have been actively gaining up some skills as it leveled up.
i didn't check the difference in skills but it would have been nominal, like 50 compared to 60 kinda thing.
and why would skills matter to the leveling up process?

its just strange.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got stung like that when I was making a Necromancer/Wrestler Horrific beast char a while back.
On test you can cast any spell in Horrific beast form (at the time anyway) so I planned the char out as I has 120 Necro stoned on prodo shard.
Went back, made the char, bought the items ect......dropped on Necro from the stone......
....Then found out you cannot cast any spells in horrific beast form on production shards.....grrrrrrr.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Difference between TC1 and Production Shard?

was working up a pack beetle for my Treasure Hunter.
bonded it and started the process of leveling it up to a 5 slot kill'a.

has just finished the first level up and thought i should swing over to TC1 and test the 'pet imbuing' and get it straight what i wanted to do with this beetle before i do it in RL.

so i copy, head over to test.

i wrote down each step i did with the beetle.
1) HP to 300
2) stamina to 150
3) dex to 150
4) resists to blah blah blah

next bump.
1) STR to blah blah bla

you get the point.
got the pet done, liked what i had done to it and decided that was the ticket.
so, logged out, back to production shard and did the first pet imbuing allotment of points, then back into leveling up.

so i get about half way through and went to pick what was next on my list which was one of the specials and...... the option was not there!

so my question is this.
if i copy a character over to TC and test something then go back to production shard and implement it should it not be the same???
like its the same current publish on both, no?

it just kinda makes no sense why they are not the same.
makes testing stuff out kinda worthless if they are not, no?

end of the day the beetle is good to go but im kinda missing not having that one other special.

only thing i can think that would have been different between the 2 beetles was the one on production shard would have been actively gaining up some skills as it leveled up.
i didn't check the difference in skills but it would have been nominal, like 50 compared to 60 kinda thing.
and why would skills matter to the leveling up process?

its just strange.

@Kyronix @Bleak
Which beetle, what did you try to add and in what order?

I missed Putting Goo on a giant beetle by 2 hours...

Maybe they are changing stuff in prodo first.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did some testing on blue beetles about a week ago on TC.
The first beetle I tried pet training on gave me lots if not all options to choose from. Every beetle after that only had about half the options the first one had which I thought was weird.

Maybe stuff changes more often than we know?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did some testing on blue beetles about a week ago on TC.
The first beetle I tried pet training on gave me lots if not all options to choose from. Every beetle after that only had about half the options the first one had which I thought was weird.

Maybe stuff changes more often than we know?

Nightly sometimes, unfortunately. We are documenting what we can find. New Changes and stats

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happened tome too. It may be due to the sequence of adding specials.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It happened tome too. It may be due to the sequence of adding specials.
was the exact same sequence that i did on TC the hour before that i did on production.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On the live shards there is a sequence of adding specials bug that locks out choices due to order in which they are added. They have been made aware of this and mentioned working on a fix for it. It sounds like that fix may be on test center because you were able to add the specials you wanted there. Then you came to the live shard not knowing about this bug. The current work around for this on live has been "From the bottom up" adding Area of Effect first then working up the list to make sure you are able to add them all. Crappy bug but lets hope the fix goes live soon.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On the live shards there is a sequence of adding specials bug that locks out choices due to order in which they are added. They have been made aware of this and mentioned working on a fix for it. It sounds like that fix may be on test center because you were able to add the specials you wanted there. Then you came to the live shard not knowing about this bug. The current work around for this on live has been "From the bottom up" adding Area of Effect first then working up the list to make sure you are able to add them all. Crappy bug but lets hope the fix goes live soon.
Bottom up is a farce and doesn't always work... making it more confusing than ever ruined I don't know how many pets so far because of this BS.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bottom up is a farce and doesn't always work... making it more confusing than ever ruined I don't know how many pets so far because of this BS.
That is why I used to go to test center to test the order. Now it appears that I can not do this because the fix may be in the works, which will be good once it goes live.