• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Difference between 100-120 in regards to...

J

jp78

making leather armor with barbed kits.

My question is: "Do I have a better chance of crafting armor with more properties as 100 or 120?"

or is it the same for either skill level?

thank you

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Number of properties: No difference (would be nice if there was).

A few of the pieces are a bit short of 100% exceptional, without using a talisman, at GM Tailoring though, and you'll want to have GM Arms Lore for the resist bonus.

J

jp78

I did some research an found what you meant here:

http://guide.uo.com/skill_4.html

When a piece of armor (not including shields) is exceptionally crafted, it will receive a resist bonus based on the crafter’s Arms Lore skill. For every 20 points of Arms Lore, one resist normally available on that piece of armor will be raised by 1, for a total possible bonus of 5 distributed randomly.

Example: at GM Arms Lore, the total resist bonus is +5%. One resist could receive the full +5% bonus. Alternatively, one resist could receive +2%, and three other resists could receive +1%, for the total of +5%.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, that has been in effect for several years, and is included in every skill FAQ in this forum.