• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Die Hard NUB Hunting Fanatics - I'm going to be there tonight!

D

DeathRage

NUB Hunting Saturday night (09/14/02 10:00p PST)

It's been awhile,
Someone twisted my arm.
I'm not dead yet,
But I'm buying the farm!

Hope to see some of the old regulars and a few new faces out at the villa tonight. This will be one of the last few times I'll be attending a NUB hunt (closing the account soon). So, please come out and have a few laughs with me and the NUBs.

P.S. - This is not my last. My last NUB hunt will be scheduled soon. I'm trying to find a good weekend to do an "early-evening-extended-into-overtime" hunt.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Go get 'em, Tiger /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

*grins*

D

DeathRage

Getting ready to log in myself. I just thought I'd bump this one last time before the slaughter commences.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Good luck to you all!

*dabs a tear, waving a handkerchief at the departing warriors*

D

Drewdax

Common people, we're waiting here. Come on down and get killed with us! What do you have to lose? Just empty out your packs first.

T

Torquemada

Well we successfully made it from the start of Terort Skitas to the finish. It was.........interesting, to say the least. Many deathrobes were had by all. Was a fun outting.

*Mutters about double Balron spawn*

<center>
</center>

E

evilmoocowgod

I made it to the Double Bally spawn before dying... That was it for me after that... cursed war guild rules... Was really fun though..

D

DeathRage

What do you mean many? I only had ... er ... nevermind you're right. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif It was a fun outing ... sorry if you missed it. I had a blast! Er ... was blasted ... something like that. Anyway, we absolutely stomped on the opposition at times. Occassionally the only problem was deciding which arse to kick next.

<center>
</center>

Fortunately there are many good places in Terort Skitas to stir up trouble. For those who haven't been there yet, expect packs of hellhounds, a legion of undead, many gazers, gargoyles, and a collection of elementals (poison, blood and dull copper types) to keep you busy for the evening. The double Balrons kept us challenged (read as "crazy") for a few moments as well.

<center>
</center>

The good news is that we got to walk all the way through the dungeon and see all of the pretty colors contained within. What?!?! You don't believe me ... the dungeon is very vibrant with colors ... here I just happen to have a pic of the Christmas room. See! Doesn't it make you want to start your shopping early?

<center>
</center>

Anyway ... thanks to those that showed up and reminded me about the things I do like of this game (doesn't mean I'm staying though :p ). Good times, good challenges and good humor.

D

Drewdax

walkin around with a whole band of provokers was really cool. The monsters killed each other so much they had no time for us =) I had fun too.

C

Cymeraen

A few people stopped by early to be sure to make the big event. Here, an early arrival is greeted by DR.

Although we do fairly well as a team, somebody always manages to find time to take a dirtnap.

With at least 4 bards in attendance, we had things under control most of the time, but that isnt to say that it was easy, especcially when some people are still taking time out to examine the floor close up...

After we got DR back on his feet, we stopped off at the embalmers, looking for a way to preserve DR for prosperities sake.

Sorry I didnt get more pics, but i was busy trying to make it look easy /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks to all those who showed up for making this a successful hunt, and keep an eye out, another NUB hunt is in the works already!

G

Grond

<blockquote><hr>

With at least 4 bards in attendance, we had things under control most of the time

<hr></blockquote>
Curiously, when some of us went back into Terort Skitas later, the three -- and then later four -- of us bards weren't able to keep things under control very much of the time...

I think part of the reason we were so successful on the NUB hunt was Cym's strategy going in:

It was nice to see that we can still have balron roasts post-Pub16!

D

DeathRage

Bah ... those bards get way too much credit. It was us Mages that made the enemy body counts soar. :p

G

Grond

It's true! In the "balron roast" picture, you'll notice the mages casting spells. But do you see the bards strumming their instruments? No!...