• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did You Hear The One About

D

dinaj

cost being lowered on group meals? How come it's 24 dollars on the black fridge and 12 on the silver fridge? OY I'm getting alll the bugs ...

Lets have a drum roll as we await the answer ......

DISCLAIMER: sarcasm intended to be humorous not nasty

G

I think it is because the food gives more toward filling hunger. You do not need as much to fill your sim up? Maybe we should all max our cooking and make burgers.

G

Shhhh...I think the $12 group meal from the silver fridge is an "undocumented feature":

All food items reduced in price!
<blockquote><hr>

Home Cooked &amp; Buffet Meals

* Reduced snacks to $1, light meals to $2, regular meals to $3
and group meals to $24.
* BBQ Group Meal Price (6 burgers) reduced from §20 to §12
* Buffet Meal Costs: reduced ‘wholesale’ price per plate from $100 to $10

[/ QUOTE ]

D

dinaj

I was wondering about the buffet table it was always 120 to fill and 10 per plate? im confused ...
shouldn't that be lowered as well?

G

Ummmm....haven't used buffets in...years actually, but that is the price range I remember.

@ 100§ a plate (1200§ per table) *someone* would have mentioned the big gap between HC and buffet over the years.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Shhhh...I think the $12 group meal from the silver fridge is an "undocumented feature":

All food items reduced in price!
<blockquote><hr>

Home Cooked &amp; Buffet Meals

* Reduced snacks to $1, light meals to $2, regular meals to $3
and group meals to $24.
* BBQ Group Meal Price (6 burgers) reduced from §20 to §12
* Buffet Meal Costs: reduced ‘wholesale’ price per plate from $100 to $10

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shortly after the discovery of the $12 group meals in silver fridges were discovered it was posted on the blog. Nothing was ever comfirmed if this was a feature by design or a bug.

The Buffet Meal costs are still too high and were also reported.

Only time will tell if this is the design or a bug.

D

dinaj

I really should read the blog more often thank you Gracie and Milton for the inforamtion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was wondering about the buffet table it was always 120 to fill and 10 per plate? im confused ...
shouldn't that be lowered as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It will be!

Audrey and I were working on that this week. You will see that change in Janaury (I hope).

G

Thanks guys for bringing this to our attention! I just duplicated it in TC3. The low-end fridges &amp; moderate fridges charge 12 simoleans per group meal, but the high-end one costs 24.

Again, thanks guys!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

why does it cost $6 more for a group meal then 6 individuals?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the subject of meal costs came up in the pub one day, the devs asked us what needed to be changed and asked for suggestions. I created "Cost of Hunger" on the wiki to simplify and reduce food costs.

I never understood why it was cheaper to cook a group meal with the old costs because it takes less time. The time saved by cooking a group meal should be something we pay for. Our lives have always revolved around how much time it takes to accomplish things. We gravitate towards the fastest way to skill, the fastest way to make money. If you want to spend extra time cooking individual meals then you should save money. It seems reasonable to me that if you want to save time you pay more.