• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did you change something with Stratics-Website?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!

Did you change something recently? The navigation bar in the upper right corner has vanished in both of my computers (IE, Win 7 & Win 8). In addition, I cannot open stratics on my nokia phone anymore (symbian). And when I want to open a thread, sometimes I need to click 2 or 3 times...

Note: I didn´t change anything in my systems for months.

Thanks alot!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ditto, seems very laggy. I sometimes have to refresh the page a few times before it moves to the thread im trying to view.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In internet explorer the stractics logo has dropped by about 5cm for me and its been that way for a few weeks now, and yesterday I have had to refresh the pages 4-5 times to get them to move to another page

But everything is ok in Google chrome

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry for the trouble. We haven't changed anything recently.

Would some of you help me collect screenshots? I can use these to reach out to XenForo support.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the trouble. We haven't changed anything recently.

Would some of you help me collect screenshots? I can use these to reach out to XenForo support.
Internet Explorer, See how the stratics logo has dropped over the option tabs and making them unusable

Google Chrome and everything is as it should be.

and in Internet Explorer I am finding it really hard to navagate away from a stratics page without having to open a new page in a new tab.

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for the screenshots. I'll try to find a workaround.

Meanwhile, please try to update to a modern version of IE (IE 9 or IE 10). The older versions ended support for jQuery, which XenForo uses heavily (as do many modern CMS and forum software).

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having trouble pulling up the forums also. I can't bring up the UO Forums at all.
I can only bring up UO Hall, and the other individual forums from the entire forum listing.
By scrolling all the way to the bottom..and this little flickering cursor is driving me crazy!!
While typing this message the stratics symbol keeps flickering on my tab, and the cursor is also flickering. grr...anyway. When trying to read threads I am also having to click the thread several times to get it to open. And some I can't seem to even get open. Seems to be laggy too..hmm.
This has all come about in just the past few days.
Thanks

ps. yes my computer is plugged in...*twirls hair*

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the screenshots. I'll try to find a workaround.

Meanwhile, please try to update to a modern version of IE (IE 9 or IE 10). The older versions ended support for jQuery, which XenForo uses heavily (as do many modern CMS and forum software).
Im on IE 9, everything was fine up to a few days ago. Someting has went worng in the last week i would say and the links not opening has just started the last few days

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Im on IE 9, everything was fine up to a few days ago. Someting has went worng in the last week i would say and the links not opening has just started the last few days
Okay, thank you. Not sure what the problem is, but I'll get it fixed somehow.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It just took me 3 times opening and closing IE 10 i am running on this Laptop to beeing able to open this thread to write this.
Right before i clicked this thread about 20 times, it started to load but kept me at What's New threads and nothing else loaded up that i clicked - it only worked after i copied the URL to the next registry Card and it opened...

And as i tried to write this and post the reply, it took me AGES to post it - i always get a SERVER ERROR!!!

error.JPG

Houston, we have a probem!

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That's the server timing out. I think that's separate.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ew, hehe. It's pretty to look at, but a nightmare to admin, imo. Love me some XF.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ew, hehe. It's pretty to look at, but a nightmare to admin, imo. Love me some XF.
I have ran a few different forums in the past. I have used many many different software products. IPB was the easiest to use for both my admins/mods and members and the best looking etc etc. I wouldnt give up my IPB licenses for anything. XF though is by far better than the vBulliten Stratics used to use :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have ran a few different forums in the past. I have used many many different software products. IPB was the easiest to use for both my admins/mods and members and the best looking etc etc. I wouldnt give up my IPB licenses for anything. XF though is by far better than the vBulliten Stratics used to use :)
I'll buy another IPB license at some point. I think XF will be really robust, especially as development accelerates post-lawsuit. I just need to change hosts and do a lot of maintenance to it. Hard to keep up with everything--my fault when things break.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problems consist of 3 components - which occured simultaneously:

- Nokia Phone cannot open Stratics anymore (had always worked, for years)
- Navigation Bar is gone on my Win 7 and my Win 8-System
- Opening threads Needs 2-3 times or simply doesnt work anymore

Strange, not? As I said before: Everything worked fine last years... But all of a sudden (last days): A mess...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My problems consist of 3 components - which occured simultaneously:

- Nokia Phone cannot open Stratics anymore (had always worked, for years)
- Navigation Bar is gone on my Win 7 and my Win 8-System
- Opening threads Needs 2-3 times or simply doesnt work anymore

Strange, not? As I said before: Everything worked fine last years... But all of a sudden (last days): A mess...
Question. On your Nokia phone, are you using tapatalk?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I updated Tapatalk, uninstalled a couple unused plugins, and restarted PHP-FPM. Any change?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I get this white screen of death a lot lately, in fact for a good 10-20min before posting this it was all white screen of death.

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

I get this white screen of death a lot lately, in fact for a good 10-20min before posting this it was all white screen of death.
It took about 5 clicks to open this thread just now, so no change.
Actually, these two were because I was upgrading tapatalk. Eventually, I'll put a splash screen there to let you know a plugin is being upgraded.

Try again now that it's finished installing.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol, it has nothing to do with any upgrades you were running just now. It's been happening for days, tbh, and it's still happening as of 5 seconds ago.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Your problem sounds maybe slightly different from the header and phone issues in the OP. You're experiencing slow loading times? If yes, I think this'll change when we move hosts within the next few weeks.

If you're still getting the header blocking menu items, or problems with mobile display, lemme know.

Last edited:

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To clarify, no I'm not talking about the logo issue. I never actually saw that. My only issue is the same as all the others who have mentioned this problem:
And when I want to open a thread, sometimes I need to click 2 or 3 times...
I sometimes have to refresh the page a few times before it moves to the thread im trying to view.
yesterday I have had to refresh the pages 4-5 times to get them to move to another page
When trying to read threads I am also having to click the thread several times to get it to open. And some I can't seem to even get open.
Right before i clicked this thread about 20 times, it started to load but kept me at What's New threads and nothing else loaded up that i clicked
This isn't "slow loading times". These are outright loading failures which are happening with a ridiculously high frequency right now which started occurring a couple of days ago. Literally every thread requires 2-3+ clicks before they load. They do not stall whilst loading; you click them, wait a couple of seconds and the page load just stops and you're still on the page where you clicked the link. Trying to navigate back to the forum index page using the breadcrumbs often has the same result.

The site is virtually unusable in this state for the users experiencing this.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Started happening to me last night and is still going on. Sometimes I have to click between 2-20 times before I get to another page. I click, page starts processing for about 4-5 secs then nothing happens and I´m back to square one.

Last edited:

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
^yea thats the problems i have been having the past few days

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Please include browser info and anything else you think might be relevant--e.g., mobile browsing, location, ads, etc.. What is happening to you hasn't happened to me with Firefox or Chrome, either at home or at work. It's harder to troubleshoot when I can't replicate it, so I need all information possible to pass to XenForo developers.

There's obviously a problem, but there's no connections to narrow down the cause.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I know is I use Internet Explorer. Not sure where to look for additional info. =/

Home computer. Hardline internet as in no wireless. Located in Sweden heh.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

I blame Microsoft... Have they done any updates lately? lol

Seriously - I have not had any issues at all with Firefox and I just flipped over to IE and also had no trouble. Could it be something with the "theme" being used? I am using Animate.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Earendil, Winker and Ron are in Europe.

Mentiras, S_S, and Lady Rachel are in the US.

Is it currently happening to anyone in any browser besides IE?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok..still having the problems..when I try to click on the Ultima Online on the top bar...next to stratics pro...it acts like it tries to load then I get an error message and it does not load..as I try to read the forums when I do get on..the pages flicker, cursor flickers, tab flickers, as if it is trying to re-load or refresh..some type of activity trying to happen there..and gads it is annoying..lol..worse when I try to reply to something. Course I am in IE..but it has never been a problem before.Do we have a new ad or something that I cannot see that might be causing issues with the forums trying to reload constantly?...

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earendil, Winker and Ron are in Europe.

Mentiras, S_S, and Lady Rachel are in the US.

Is it currently happening to anyone in any browser besides IE?
Its an IE problem, everything works fine in Chrome

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have problems on my Android Phone and Tablet too
On the phone i run Gingerbread.wkf3 and on the Tab i run 4.1.1 (Jellybean?)

And the Problem on all of my laptops is still up, have to click 3-5 times till a thread opens or a PM, or an Alert...
Sometimes i cannot post something, i can write it but when i Post the Reply, its freezing up and not showing...have to hit post reply several times...
Its on IE10 or IE9 botht hte same problems...

Hope this can be fixed soon....hope i can help with my info!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Internet Explorer, See how the stratics logo has dropped over the option tabs and making them unusable

Google Chrome and everything is as it should be.

and in Internet Explorer I am finding it really hard to navagate away from a stratics page without having to open a new page in a new tab.
Exactly my problems...

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in Europe and using IE10 under Windows 7. IE seems to be the common factor among people having the loading issue right now.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I`m in Michigan/U.S. using the latest version of Firefox and 32 bit win 7. My troubles started last night around 11 pm est.

I don`t have SS`s but in a nutshell I would hit my fav tab for uhall,it would load and than blink out to a white cloudflare page saying maybe the web page is offline or under maintenance and there is no cached version. Try hitting the blue tab to check for a live version and nothing. I deleted cookies this morning and now I am able to get into stratics/uhall and other shard forums but it is SUPER LAGGY.

I literally 2 finger type faster than the letters appear on the screen. Chrome works alot better and I refuse to even open IE since it has given me more headaches than it is worth. But lately Firefox is catching up fast in that department.

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, still looking for a solution. Meanwhile:

This made me laugh so hard. IE sucks. As to the issues with Stratics, a few hours after my last post yesterday I couldn't access the Stratics forums at all. I kept getting website offline placeholder. Alas, today while working on some of my own sites and communities, I had to clear my history, cache etc etc, and that fixed my issues with Stratics as well. All I can assume is that I just happened to try to log into Stratics as you were making some changes yesterday and for that split second the website offline got cached to my browser.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`m in Michigan/U.S. using the latest version of Firefox and 32 bit win 7. My troubles started last night around 11 pm est.

I don`t have SS`s but in a nutshell I would hit my fav tab for uhall,it would load and than blink out to a white cloudflare page saying maybe the web page is offline or under maintenance and there is no cached version. Try hitting the blue tab to check for a live version and nothing. I deleted cookies this morning and now I am able to get into stratics/uhall and other shard forums but it is SUPER LAGGY.

I literally 2 finger type faster than the letters appear on the screen. Chrome works alot better and I refuse to even open IE since it has given me more headaches than it is worth. But lately Firefox is catching up fast in that department.
Same here but I use Chrome.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I don`t have SS`s but in a nutshell I would hit my fav tab for uhall,it would load and than blink out to a white cloudflare page saying maybe the web page is offline or under maintenance and there is no cached version. Try hitting the blue tab to check for a live version and nothing."

I too use Firefox and had this happen. What i ended up having to do was have NoScript forbid scripts from stratics.com then it stopped trying to run whatever script it was causing the redirect to Cloudflare's website is down page 2 seconds after you went into a forum.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"I don`t have SS`s but in a nutshell I would hit my fav tab for uhall,it would load and than blink out to a white cloudflare page saying maybe the web page is offline or under maintenance and there is no cached version. Try hitting the blue tab to check for a live version and nothing."

I too use Firefox and had this happen. What i ended up having to do was have NoScript forbid scripts from stratics.com then it stopped trying to run whatever script it was causing the redirect to Cloudflare's website is down page 2 seconds after you went into a forum.
WOW that NoScript has restored sooooo much speed back to firefox it is just ridiculous. Thanks for that. I just got done changing all my fav`s and stuff to Chrome and was finished with FF thinking it was in the same boat as IE.

Much better.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I get a virus error when trying to access the THB maps page.
Fixed. Was just a link to TGN's site, which apparently has issues. We removed the link and everything should be fixed.